4 replies to this topic

#1 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

I am trying to find a dash display ready for racing next year. I don't like buying cheap but looking at the prices of these things i need some advice. I see that people are using the ETB dash quite a lot but i fancy something a bit different. Starting at the expensive end are the MOTEC SDL dash which is silly money - £1485 + Vat. Obviously the bees knees but just too much money and it has functions i doubt i will ever use. Then i found the PI OMEGA dash, about £1200 + Vat. Again i have been informed that they are brilliant like the Motec unit. After that there are the Stack ST800 series units and 'AIM' units. These are a bit cheaper but does anyone have experience with them? Finally i found a 'Race technology Dash 2' display unit which looks the part and seems too well priced to be true. However have a look for yourself and i'd appreciate your comments.

MOTEC - Owendevelopments.co.uk

PI - Apexspeedtech.com

AIM - Aim-sportline.com

Stack - Demontweeks.co.uk

Decisions Decisions!!

#2 mini_mission

mini_mission

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:03 AM

not a lot of help i know as im using the ETB one, no sure how many other people are using it though, but its a well made unit , easy to wire in and use.

does look coolio too :)

race tech looks naff imo

cant believe how much the motec one is, i mean HOW MUCH!!!

stack wouldnt be a bad call as everyone has one of those, which isnt a bad thing.

#3 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

Dont forget SPA Technique they make them for the Ariel Atom (I will be using it in my mini)
spatechnique.com

Edited by PhotoguyUSA, 11 November 2007 - 06:38 PM.

#4 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: QQQQQ

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

I use a DL1 logger (no dash), support-wise I found them very helpful if that helps. My dash is one of the quad bike displays from someone off this site (can't remember his name). It was £70 and does the job with rpm and speed, depends what you want. If interested I will dig out details for you, may be a little to basic for you though?

cheers
phil

#5 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:57 PM

I have researched these dash displays some more since posting my first thread and i highly recommend looking more at the race technology equipment. It is good value compared to a lot of others and i have contacted various motorsport shops etc and they all seem to think that it is good equipment with a good back up. Still if anyone else knows any more????

Thanks

Tommy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users