3 replies to this topic

#1 sgbarker31

sgbarker31

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hi, i've got myself a 83 Mini mayfair with a few problems, and have been doing it up for a while. Newest problem is the indicators.... The Hazards work fine, all flashing away as they should.

The left indicators work fine too, flashing in good time and all working.
The Right indicators dont, when i select the right ones, they come on and stay on. ie no flashing..

I cant for the life of me figure out why, im not bad with electrics, but this one is confusing me. The left and right indicators work off the same flasher unit (cylindrical one under the dash). and as i said the left one works fine.

Any ideas?

#2 il-barba

il-barba

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: malta mini

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

check the earths of the right hand side

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

replace the hazard switch these can cause all sorts of problems

#4 WorksopCoop

WorksopCoop

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

I had exactly the same problem. Buy a new flasher unit anyway to rule out that. Then you need to clean up both earths on the right hand side of the car. There is one on the rear cluster, and one that should be bolted into the bulkhead just to the left of the engine block. Use sand paper to clean the connectors and the bulkhead to ensure it is all bare metal.
If that doesnt fix it then clean up the bulb connectors inside the indicator unit making sure thats all bare metal as well. After that its probably a wiring problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users