15 replies to this topic

#1 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

Having not been to any Mini shows or meets before I would like a few tips on where to start :( Im in Hampshire and would travel around to get to some shows but I dont really know of any and which are the best ones. Is there a show calender of sorts? Or can anyone reccomend some to go and have a look at? Someone mentioned to me about one in the New Forest but I cant remember the date etc so if anyone else can, that would be good.

It would be nice to get to some shows this year, and also to meet some people who have helped me out since joining, always nice to be able to put a face to a name :P

I guess you have a club stand at some of the shows? I cant seem to get the gallery link to work so it would be good to see some of your cars in the flesh.

Stacey x

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:00 PM

Well the major event is Castle Combe at the end of the show season, October the 7th I think, its a massive show and a chance to go round the circuit!! I think everyone who went to Southern Mini Days last year had a really good time. Thats August 6th I think, Hop Farm in North Kent. The two major runs coming up at the Riveria Run and London to Brighton (17th May), although I think its too late to enter L2B officially now. Che should be able to tell you of more events as she is the events organisor for the forum, or you can click on calender at the top of the page which lists most of the events, if not all of them. And lastly, I couldn't leave with out mentioning the most pristegious and monumental event this year, TMFs own, Brands Hatch to 'Ring run!!!

#3 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

Yeah I did the see the "run to the ring" but as Im just starting out I though it would be a bit wierd if I turned up and said hi nice to meet you kind of thing, kind of like I would be pushing my way in, Im sure the places would be better off for the more established members. That and I dont really fancy driving that far with only just having my Mini, dont want to tempt fate too much! :(

I think I would like to just get to some shows to have a look before actually driving as such, my mini will be pretty standard engine wise so I think if I were going to enter the shows then it would be to show only and not race.

Its just wierd about going to the London to brighton run as I dont actually know much about minis or things so it would seem wierd and I would feel out of place being so new to the scene.

I will give the calander link a click :P didnt see that there! lol

#4 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:54 PM

I though it would be a bit wierd if I turned up and said hi nice to meet you kind of thing, kind of like I would be pushing my way in,

na anyone is welcome even if your not a member of TMF

go on get your name down lol

be a great trip

if not you must do it next year.... :grin:

#5 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:39 AM

Stacey get yourself down the newsagents and buy MiniWorld or Mini Magazine, both of these have a calendar of events so you will be able to pick the ones that are more local - or are able to go to. :grin:

Why not look out for a local mini club that you can join up and travel with to shows - thats a great way to learn about mini's as you meet these mad blokes who spend half their life under the bonnet and are more than happy to help you along!!

:grin: :(

#6 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

Cheers guys.

I think I will do what CentralminiTC suggested and have a look for shows and events quite near to me which I can go along to and have a look round. You will probably find that once I have found my feet as far as Minis are concerned there will be no stopping me and I will go to most shows and events :(

The run to the Nurburgring does sound really cool and I would lie if I said I wasnt tempted, the only thing that puts me off is the fact I havent even got my Mini yet and it will be the first Mini I have owned so I would be a bit worreid about going all that way in it. Next years one I will come along to as by then I will be more confident about things and I will have no excuse :grin:

Cheers for making me feel welcome though, very friendly board you have here.

Stacey x

#7 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

Cool Stace,

Try and make Southern Mini Days in Paddock Wood, Kent - camp over for a couple of nights - its a riot!!!

#8 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:50 PM

check our calender fo rthe up and coming events!
the link is under the site logo

#9 che

che

BH2N Retro Organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  • Local Club: Said the joker to the thief

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:00 PM

Stacey

First of all welcome and congratulations on choosing a Mini - good choice!

You are welcome to all of the events, please don't think that being a new member events are for established members - everyone is welcome, there are other new members who are coming on the Brands Hatch to Nurburgring run, so if you have a change of mind please come along and join us, there are still a few months until the event, you will be feeling very confident about driving your mini by then! A good start would be the London to Brighton run!

There is Mini Cooper Day at Beaulieu on June 12th.

Large trade area. Tickets are £7.50.

There is also the museum to have a look around whilst there.

Che

Edited by che, 15 March 2005 - 09:09 PM.

#10 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:38 PM

if you want a good easy show,

go to britsih mini showdown with us, (drag wars)

its pined in this section...

thats a great show and so lad back..

#11 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

Thanks everyone.

I think its where I havent got my Mini yet I kind of feel like an imposter, its going to be another three weeks before its ready now :sad: feels like its been going on forever now and I just want to get in it.

I will deffo be coming along to some of the shows this year whether in my Mini or my Peugeot.

The Nurbugring does sound really good, if I get it and feel comfortable in it for that amount of time, I will come back and have a look to see if there are any tickets going spare, then I can join in if all goes well :grin: Wont make any plans just in case.........................

Cheers again

Stacey

#12 Mickymini

Mickymini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

The two major runs coming up at the Riveria Run and London to Brighton (17th May)

If you do the L2B on the above date you will have the A23 all to yourself.....

because.....

the official L2B is on Sunday 15th May! :grin:

Mickymini.

#13 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

Get yourself to Mini in the Park. It's the biggest and best show of the year by far. This year it's back to its normal venue in Oxfordshire. There's always tons to do and see there.

#14 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:29 PM

If you do the L2B on the above date you will have the A23 all to yourself.....

lol!

#15 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

Oops, well I think I was close enough!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users