#1 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hello all,

I am currently in the middle of buying a mini from someone local. It's currently declared SORN without MOT/Insurance. It does need work doing to it so I plan to do some work on it in my garage over the next couple of months for when I am old enough to drive.

I was just wondering, what are the laws regarding SORN vehicles, is it legal for me to put the car in my name as long as it is SORN or would I need to put it under someones name in my family?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hello :cry:

Once the mini is registered in your name, it's up to you to declare it off road (SORN). You can be the registered owner of a car at any age, regardless of whether you are the owner/driver. Which means if it's in your name, the DVLA will send an £80 fine to you if there is a break between you registering it as yours and you declaring it SORN.

So in short, yep, as soon as you have the car fill in a SORN form yourself.... :lol:

Edited by Amy, 23 November 2007 - 05:51 PM.

#3 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hello :cry:

Once the mini is registered in your name, it's up to you to declare it off road (SORN). You can be the registered owner of a car at any age, regardless of whether you are the owner/driver. Which means if it's in your name, the DVLA will send an £80 fine to you if there is a break between you registering it as yours and you declaring it SORN.

So in short, yep, as soon as you have the car fill in a SORN form yourself.... :lol:

Great stuff! Thanks for your quick reply :cry:

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

I assume you know it will need to be trailered to its new home.

#5 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

I assume you know it will need to be trailered to its new home.

Yes indeed, the seller is kindly including that >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users