zap him

#2 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:34 AM

I used to have one! :ermm: Not anywhere near as big as that one though!! Mine was only a baby, produced a couple of hundred Killovolts - did produced some good streamers though. Ended up re-using the bits for other projects, some of the coils ended up as a "long wire" radio antenna.

Heheh I love some of the comments on that site, about that vid - some of them are completly retarded statements:

I DONT THINK IT WOULD DO ANYTHING TO
ANYONE.. IT HASN'T EVEN CAUSED A SPARK..
DOES ANYONE THINK SO?

Uhmmmm........."hasn't even caused a spark"?? What the hell does he think those purple and blue corona discharges were?? :P
And YES it would do "something" to a person - KILL them! That's about 6 - 8 MILLION VOLTS, at quite some Amperage too. Can you say "Crispy critter"? :thumbsup:

A few others seem to think is "safe" or "harmless" too, seems they are getting confused with the Van De Graff Generators used in school science labs, but even if it were a Van De Graff, it would STILL likely kill you at that scale! :) Remember folkes, just beacuse it's "static" electricity, doesn't mean it CAN'T kill you..... - Lightning is static electricity too, and that certainly CAN kill people! :dontgetit:

It certainly isn't "cold electricity" either, that there is the very very hot kind! :errr:

Mind you, it does make you think....What whould happen legality wise, if a person was to enter your property unauthorised (assuming some warning signs were posted), and gets fried by something like that? :dontgetit:

SS

Edited by Silicon Skum, 25 November 2007 - 06:36 AM.

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

now how did i know Silicon Skum would have one of those :)

#4 chairchild

chairchild

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Or how about when some clever sod discovered that you could get tesla coils to "play" certain notes - and then they suddenly slap out a rendition of the Mario theme tune!

#5 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Or how about when some clever sod discovered that you could get tesla coils to "play" certain notes - and then they suddenly slap out a rendition of the Mario theme tune!

sweet :) ;D :cry: :thumbsup:

#6 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

that mario tune is awesome! the real mario song has to be the best game song ever :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users