22 replies to this topic

#1 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:01 AM

Got a phone call from my mother early this morning, she was a bit worried by a TNT deliveries guy who had constantly banged hard on the door knocker until she opened the door, and was ranting and raving about how the gates to the driveway (which were LOCKED ( ! ) and he'd forced open...) "Nearly took [his] head off", and shouting about how there is no name on the house (not allowed - listed building!) and how "Next door DOES though!" - to which he took exception to, after being told "Yes - we own that too".

At this point the miserable git decided to get sarcastic and said " Oooh ...SO YOU own that one too, huh? Yeah !- so you own TWO houses then!" :P Like it make ANY difference how many properties we own, to him! Cheeky BA****D! :P

He then says "SO WHERE is the ENTRANCE to this place then?!?" My mother says " those gates..." to which he shouts "NO THAT'S the entrance to THAT house! Where's yours?" meaning our other house in the same grounds. Like my mother is going to lie about where the entrance to the house is.....!
It's actually OBVIOUS that there are NO other entrances to the property, the other gate ways are for the other buildings on the street - doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that one out!

At this point my mother is standing outside in a dressing gown, pointing out that it's 07:15 in the morning - and he shouts that it's "actually 20 past seven!" Like THAT makes all the difference! He then goes on ranting and shouting at her to sign for the delivery and "P-R-I-N-T THE NAME TOO!".

Then he storms off up the drive way, still shouting abuse and saying he "won't deliver here again" - GOOD! :P
He didn't even have a delivery van, just his ordinary car! This quite honestly could have been anyone as he didn't even show her his ID (though no wonder considering the abuse he was giving out).

My mother was quite shaken up about this, she has Lupus and is not so good at the moment, and didn't really need THIS muppet shouting at her really early in the morning!
He wasn't a young lad, this was a bloke in his 50's! He should know better!

Lucky for him, that I wasn't there - else he would likely still be picking his teeth up off the ground! >:lol: I'm in half a mind to go to the TNT depot and "introduce myself" to their manager - who I **WILL** get to see OR ELSE! >:P I have a strong susspicion I will be leaving in a police car if I do, though!

I swear, If I get hold of this bloke, he's in line for medical treatment! :angel:

SS

#2 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Just take his full details.. And send them to the Sun saying that is the guy who lost those benefit disks...

The public will do the rest :lol: :P

#3 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

good idea :lol: :P

#4 Angelic_Fruitcake

Angelic_Fruitcake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

What?! Completely unecessary!

He definitely needs reporting... I HATE people who take their bad days out on random innocent strangers

#5 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

Just aswell you weren't there dude, you could have been liable for manslaughter at the least! Hope you find out who it is, and sort him out one way or the other.

#6 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

I'm thinking a better idea would be a carefully placed package in his van, containing a large quantity of something illegal ! And then phone the police that he just offered it for sale to me....! :P

That may actually be easier than you think - I'm owed a few favours by somebody who could arrange for this to happen...... :lol:

Seriously though, that guy is WAYYY out of line! I'm going to do something about this - and really lay on the fact that he was shouting abuse at a woman on her own, with a serious autoimmune disease, who's currently not well - and at quater past seven in the morning, to boot! A few phonecalls to the local rags, and a telephone call with a certain night time radio show should help speed things allong....

Failing that, I might just find out where the guy lives and start a rumour that a pedophile lives there..... The local charvers and public will do the rest. :P

SS

**edit** Think I will shortly remove any comments that could be seen as a threat - the law is a funny thing these days....

Edited by Silicon Skum, 27 November 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#7 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

I think a rage complex and a distinct lack of patience/common sense is what employers must look for in a courier :lol:

based on my dealings with them, which is quite a lot lately. The best/worst one was the chap I had to load up for because the
packages "looked a bit heavy"

:P

And they are paying you to do what exactly???

#8 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

ive had delivery people take my parcels to the wrong house....

ive had them card to wrong people.. ive even had people go and collect my parcels without id and then realise they wern't for them and actually pop round to ours and hand them over.

they really are useless..

#9 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

What a horrible guy

your poor mummy :lol:
x

#10 Gingerjoe

Gingerjoe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Local Club: Tmf

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

man do it! there is no way he should speak to your mother like that when hes the dipstick, I would report him straight away, you got cctv? that would be even better, get him sacked!

#11 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

I would report him straight away, you got cctv? that would be even better, get him sacked!

Yeah there is CCTV - sadly it's not connected to a DVR (something I have been planning to sort out though) otherwise I would be standing in the TNT building with a portable DV player, right now. >_<

Thing that gets me, is the fact that EVERY other delivery firm, have found the house without too much trouble - and all have said that once they knew where the house is, that it was no problem to find again. They even knew to leave the parcels in the porch of the other house (where ALL the mail is deliverd for both houses too) without being told.

The house is only slightly difficult to find because it is set back from the main road, and is behind a few trees - it's not THAT easy to miss though - it's a BIG stone built building. Seriously, it's massive! There is actually a name plate on the stone pillars of the gates, about the same same size as any house would have. It's not like we need put up a bloody neon sign with the house name on it! ;D

Time for some offical complaints I think. :X

SS

#12 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

yeh i did that once but never heard back...

#13 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

lol you could send him to TNT in a bodybag >_<

#14 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

Sounds pretty bad. I've alwas had fairly nice delivery people... Altho a few times they've been late with delivering my parcel (like a day, or two) and then said they couldn't deliver it due to me not being in! No card was even left, and I've been in all day. Some of them are useless!

#15 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Failing that, I might just find out where the guy lives and start a rumour that a pedophile lives there..... The local charvers and public will do the rest. ;D

SS

fully agree that this guy was out of order but i think you went too far with that one >_<

accusations like that are not funny and should not joked about, or be thrown around lightly :ph34r:

just my opinion :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users