5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Clubman

Mr Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

what is the best size wheel for the mini, 10", 12" or 13"+? What differnece does it make ie, on cornering, speed, durability? I have seen one website that just caters for minis with the original 10"ers! why were coopers moved to 12" and why the final rover 13"? :(

#2 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

In Mini miglia racing they use 10"s, so they must be quite fast and agile.... Thats the extent of my knowledge on the matter!

#3 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

we had a previous discussion on this and 10" got the majority of the vote but its all down to personal oppinion

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

10s look better , but i like brakes so i will stay with my 6x12 minilights

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:16 PM

Rover changed to 12" wheels to be able to fit bigger brake discs, mainly to share more parts with Metro's originally but I don't think it ever saved them as many part numbers as they thought it would.

And the final size wasn't 13", it was 12". 13" wheels were an option only as part of the Sports Pack, most cars have optional wheel sizes available in their list.

#6 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:15 AM

As i understand it 10"ers get the vote for standard minis as the suspention isnt to hot and the extra tire wall movenent keeps the tire in contanct with the road more. Ive never driven a 10"er though as ive got 12s, the break issue is holding me back for the moment. 12s are still very mini though and mine still out handles everything on the road :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users