76 replies to this topic

#16 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

Unless I went out with my boyfriend to buy them, I would find sexy underwear a little bit weird. It would be like ""I want you to wear this" which wouldn't go down too well I don't think!

Also vouchers are unpersonal, like your cant really be bothered deciding on something...

You should listen a few weeks, i'm sure she will drop some subtle hints or you will be able to pick up on something which will help.

Dunno about this lady, but I love personal stuff, its its made or took some time then thats better than any expensive present *ahem* bar certain mini related items :)

:teehee:

#17 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:33 AM

haha!!

can you imagine that..

all sat around in the living room of her parents house.. and all of a sudden these anne summers gifts come out of the wrapping... would make an interesting xmas to say the least :teehee: :) :D

can i have some examples??

ive not had any real problems buying for anyone else...
and men.. peh.. anything that goes bang, pop, flies or makes a mess will be a winner!

#18 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

Girls are easy to buy for!! Tis men that are hard to buy for!!

WRONG! let me simplify it for you.

Perfume - You either get the wrong one or the one they USED to wear

Clothes - Being a guy the thought of "i wonder if she'll like it" often goes through your mind

Jewellery - again, "will she like it, is it too chavvy? will she wear it or 'loose' it"

holiday - seems safe but as matt said their getting expencive now.

#19 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:35 AM

coor hit the nail on the head lol!

:teehee:

#20 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:35 AM

and men.. peh.. anything that goes bang, pop, flies or makes a mess will be a winner!

except for a small child!

#21 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

Leave a couple of Christmas present books from like boots and places hanging around innocently... and do a little digging! :teehee:

#22 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

mini_lover is right listen for a week or two

im always saying wish i could afford that with out noticing every year toby always gets me something i want :)

he wants an xbox :teehee:

#23 Ausy

Ausy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

what if the small child had wings sown onto it between its legs and arms like one of them flying squyirrels.. and you could throw it round the room til it learnt to fly it would soon learn to become some sort of super hero and you would be a leend for creatign a flying child.....

on a slightly less surreal note...

I dread the thought of taking a girl on holiday.... plus im tight and wouldnt want to pay for it lol....

and yes anything that flies is a good one... ahem helicopter again" but seeing as wer talking about girls i tihnk wer all stumped again.... you could buy her a gold rose.... check em out on the net.. theyr not too expensive for what they are, (a real rose plated in gold...) she might appreciate that.

perhaps some shoes? girls love shoes... i know i do... although im not a girl.... (not got a shoe fetish really i dont lol)

and someoen mentioned abotu listening in for hints... this is amust.... everything she says must be analysed... my gf is a pain in the arse when it comes to this as iv posted abotu earlier (b****rd birthday card....) so make sure you listen very carefully, i tihnk i should start doing this in the next few weeks.

also, dont buy anythng til christmas eve, that way the shops are more empty and theres less choice so your not gonna be stuck thinking will she like this or not because its all thats left :teehee:

Or you can tell her your busy on christmas day and boxing day... use boxing day to grab her twice as many presents in the sales..... score..... :S

#24 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:54 AM

Girls are easy to buy for!! Tis men that are hard to buy for!!

WRONG! let me simplify it for you.

Perfume - You either get the wrong one or the one they USED to wear

You can find out what they wear!

Clothes - Being a guy the thought of "i wonder if she'll like it" often goes through your mind

If you know the person well enough you know their fashion sense.

Jewellery - again, "will she like it, is it too chavvy? will she wear it or 'loose' it"

Again if you know the person well enough you should know what they like. Jewellery is best to keep it simple and elegant! beautiful :teehee:

holiday - seems safe but as matt said their getting expencive now.

Yea, well you have got to think about where you want to go and what time of year. PLUS getting time off work etc. Holidays are always going to be cheaper this time of year in most places because the weather wont be very hot if you want a hot holiday!! If you dont mind about that though, its just nice to get away and have some time together!

haha!!

can you imagine that..

all sat around in the living room of her parents house.. and all of a sudden these anne summers gifts come out of the wrapping... would make an interesting xmas to say the least :) :D ^_^

:D :w00t: :P
Dont panic about it Matt, Im sure she'll love whatever you get her :D

Edited by *Raz*, 28 November 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#25 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

I personally think you're going way over the top Matt.

Christmas and Birthdays really shouldn't be about how much money you spend. You've already got a few presents that I know of.... I won't add what I was going to say.... but needless to say, I'm still waiting!!! :D :)

I'm positive Kat would prefer to know you'd thought long and hard about something special that she'd really like, rather than trying to impress her with expensive gifts! I know you've ticked that box already, so why keep spending???

*shakes head in despair* :teehee:|

As above...

i have a fair budget..
have looked at a few different things including tiffany & co keyrings (and christ all mighty.. 150 quid?)

so can someone help me!!

#26 Ausy

Ausy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

if only all girls wer like that..... they may act like they love whatever you get them... but im quite certain that if you dont gfet something personal or with some thought in it theyl discuss you with her friends.... :S

edit:
hehe and yes stop spending money, just give her a kiss lol :teehee:

Edited by Ausy, 28 November 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#27 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

Well said Amy! You're right!!

if only all girls wer like that..... they may act like they love whatever you get them... but im quite certain that if you dont gfet something personal or with some thought in it theyl discuss you with her friends.... :S

Thats rubbish! ^_^. Despite what it says under my picture, I am a girl (or at least for now :D ) and I l know that whatever you get her she will like, because its come from you! You know her well enough by now.

hehe and yes stop spending money, just give her a kiss lol :D

Kisses are a great prezzie :teehee: :D

Alternatively...take her shopping and ask her what she wants :) any girl would like that!!!

relax! x

#28 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

amy.. not looking to try and spend loads of money.. as its not something i have a great deal of..

the gift you know about :teehee: is for her birthday which is the 8th...

but trying to find something unique and different is hard these days.
ive tried to think of all the romantic things.. and im at a dead loss..

yeh i know her well.. and i know her dress sence and i know what perfume she liked, what jewellery she likes too.
but its never as easy as that.. and the above are pretty common gifts.. almost too predictable :)

Edited by Matt, 28 November 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#29 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Buy her something that you both like! that way if she decides she doesn't like it then you can use it!! lol!!!

#30 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

I'm taking my missus to London the weekend after Christmas, we're going to see the terracotta army and get some good shopping done.

Perhaps a weekend in the West End would be a good prezzy??? :)

Material presents are carp IMO. Time away together is where it's at! :teehee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users