47 replies to this topic

#46 minimanshane

minimanshane

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

I just started fitting my show cage yes i know show cage but the ttyle cages are really well made the weld is very good. They bolt well together and are alot of work to fit aswell.
You say the bars on a show cages are thicker is thicker not better? Im stupid.
Im not planning on mouthing about iin my mini so hopoefully no rolling lol
Only thing i can see is that they dont have the sandwhich part for the rear arch!
As for the same price were can you get a full 6 point cage for £200 FIA approved???

Cheers Shane

#47 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

i fitted a sd rear cage to mine had to have a mate handy and a big rachet strap to get it in i scrateched the cage my door bins and my b pillars but i must say my head is no were near the cage so i'm not too worried... i think i'd rather have a cage than not and take my chances the roofs on minis dont seem to hold up that well if you roll them at least not in the pictures i've seen anyway

#48 andywaller

andywaller

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

thanks.

thats good advise for fitting the front cage minis84 i am going to need that after crimbo.

i have something to say about hitting your head too:

the first is that i think you should always have padding on the roll cage i have some of the safety devices stuff and it is really nice. i will be putting lots of this on my new cage.

secondly with my seat there is not cance that i can hit my head on the cage because it is behind the seat line. there is more danger from the b pillar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users