18 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:36 PM

Anyone know how difficult it is to fit sportspack side skirts and also the arches?
Jus wonderin because that's what i'll probably have on my mini.
Cheers

#2 mini-magic.de

mini-magic.de

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

i do beleive that somewhere on here, (i´ve no time to find it at this moment)
there is a link somewhere on here where you can get the template to cut out yourself,

another long and painfull way is:- NO i´ll not go in to that one, easier you find the link, :cheese:

i dont know if there is one for the side skirts but p.m me if you have any problems, i can arrange the right ones, or give you a few tips if you want not to spend :grin: but this means, on, off, on, off on, off and one hole at a time,

have fun anyway :grin:

#3 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:48 PM

Cheers, do they fit to the sills or just below the door?

#4 mini-magic.de

mini-magic.de

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:56 PM

send me your email address to [email protected] i´ve just been downstairs and took a few photos of one of them :grin:

#5 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

have you got it? it failed first time

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

Which side skirts do you want to fit?

#7 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

Well when i get my mini, i want to fit the sportspack side skirts like these http://www.customminis.co.uk/id45.html and was really wondering how hard they would be to fit and if they fit on the sills or what?

#8 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

Just wondered as several people have made Sportspack sideskirts. I don't know how much the other designs are based on the original which was made by Miniskirts, but that type bolted either to the arches themselves or the existing threaded holes in each end of the sill that were used to hold the shell to the paint cradle on the production line. At least I think they did, they went out of business a while ago now and my memory is a little patchy. They were the ones who designed those ridiculous Sportspack arches that you can now buy from Mini Trailers which prevent the included foglights from working properly.

#9 Equinox96

Equinox96

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

The sideskirts kit is a bit of a pain because it does not fits very well with the sportspack arches. Mine is still not 100% done and will be revisited this summer. Here are some pictures - apologies for the queslity, took them with my phone. Will post more, higher quality ones if interested.

I would say, if you are planning to blend it, then it can work very well.

If anybody has got pictures of how it is done properly (the area where the skirts meet the arche) I would love to see them to try to replicate. Also if anyone knows a workshop where it can be done properly, please let me know - I would certainly not mind taking the car there for a touch up and to finish the kit off properly.

Cheers,
Andre

Attached Files

#10 Equinox96

Equinox96

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

another pic - how it looks altogether.. (have not worked out how to attach more than one at a time..)

Attached Files

#11 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:33 PM

Equinox the car looks awesome bud good work. I've been thinkin about the sidskirts as well not sure tho they do sound difficult to get to fit nicely.

You don't have a spare set of starmags layin around do you? £50 for a friend? LOL

#12 Equinox96

Equinox96

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:38 PM

Equinox the car looks awesome bud good work. I've been thinkin about the sidskirts as well not sure tho they do sound difficult to get to fit nicely.

You don't have a spare set of starmags layin around do you? £50 for a friend? LOL

Hey, thanks a lot!

Here is another, better quality picture.

The starmags.. funny enough I am thinking of switching to 10". I am not sure whether 10" would work with sporkspack kit though.. (anybody has any pictures of minis running 10" with sportspack arches, please?) but I am planning a big suspension upgrade this summer and I though I might as well try 10". I had 12" minilites on it before and that was fine, I would not say starmags made it much harder but just the memories of how heavy they are when I carried them combined with the fact that they are right in each corner of the car.. Bottom line is if you are interested, I'll let you know if I'm selling them.

Attached Files

#13 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:23 AM

10 inch are gonna look weedy under SP arches

#14 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

yes i have seen a 10 inch wheel mini with sports pack arches , but i think you will have to lower it

#15 Equinox96

Equinox96

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

Yep, I will definitely lower it if I am going for 10" wheels. It's not a problem really because I was going to practially put new suspension in there.. The back needs lowering as it is anyway.

I guess I'll just have to go to the places like Minispeed who seel wide 10" wheels (I think the ones of their own design can be done as 10x7 and even 10x8) and hopefully they will let me "try them on" just to see...

Is there any reason (apart from looking pretty good) for me to stay with 13"s?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users