#137 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

Can't remeber where it was, but someone was talking about the 'NEW' class which has been added for this years fun and frollics...

Class "K" is an open class with no prizes, so I asked British Mini Club,

Hi,

Just a quick mail about the classes for the showdown, for which you’ve just got me a little confused, I normally run in Class “C” with a 1330, I know I have absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near the placing but it does put me in a category where I can compete on as level playing field as possible with other Class “C” cars but also provides some added incentive to “beat” the class B’s and A’s.

What is the point of the “K” class, and what is it’s purpose, and where’s the benefit?

Is it just there to provide a screen of anonymity or is there some form of financial benefit?

Thanks
John.

and got a very nice reply...

Hi John

Many thanks for your interesting e-mail

We can assure you the class K is not for financial benefit. The BMC never make any money from this event anyway. The idea of the new class is so that any can enter without having the need to compete against others. We have found over the years that numbers have dwindled in the classes. Possibly due to them getting very competitive. So we decided to introduce a class for everyone who does not want to win a trophy.

Hopefully it will work, if not we will have to review it for next years event

Mini Regards

The British Mini Club Web Team

I replied saying thanks, and provided them with a link to this thread...I don't think there's going to be a shortage of people...

#138 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

Of ypur worried bout ur gf, there will be other gfs there and im sure if they are bored they can go shopping together in stratford which is only a few miles down the road!

Some will be occupied with other things... I'll be on the sidelines watching mine thrash the sh*t out of her 998! :saywhat: :grin:

Is there a shut-down time for the Friday night? I don't get off work until 4PM, and I'm driving from Cambridgeshire... By the time I get the car loaded, etc, I may not make it there until around 9PM-ish... will there be room on the tmf playground for me by then?

#139 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

i'll make u a deal tipcat.. i will set up my extra tent ready for you if you help me with my kids.

oh yeah, can you also get me some more proper pancake mix? i am feeling deprived again

#140 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

i'll make u a deal tipcat.. i will set up my extra tent ready for you if you help me with my kids.

oh yeah, can you also get me some more proper pancake mix? i am feeling deprived again

I think I can help you out there, Sunshine! I had half a mad thought of stocking up on pancake mix to provide a good, stodgy breakfast for the campers!

#141 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

i will be there with about three other minis i hope i dont know if mowog you mini bullet is coming i will have to have a word i will have to get back to gether with everyone and find out who is going and who carnt make it one thing for sure me and mini bunnykin are going ive had the week off work for my birthday and for trhe show it looks to be a great show carnt wait

#142 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:14 AM

I don't suppose if anyone knows whether I can run Polly Polo down the strip on the saturday? I seem to remember last year there were other cars apart from Mini's on the saturday, but am not 100% sure. Its just last year the sunday was PACKED, we only managed to get 2 runs in all day. So I'd like to give the Polo a bit of a thrash down the strip on the slightly quieter saturday really!

I can't wait to go, but its a shame Winston (Clubby) won't be able to make it :)

He'll be there in spirit though :w00t:

#143 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

Last year they had Class "X" for the also-rands... If you want some track time, get there Friday night so you can get on the tarmac as soon as it opens. after scrutineering...

Dont forget you catch tanks ! ( aka coke bottle )

#144 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:43 AM

yeah i think i'll be there friday night, want to get in early as poss on saturday morning, like you say!

Guiness cans make great catch tanks too :tongue: good excuse for some drinking on friday!

I'll try to get the Polo in class 'X' then, shouldn't be a problem - thanks JG

#145 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

Catch Tanks???

#146 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

Catch cans are used to catch any radiator spillage from the overflow pipe to keep the track dry.

Usually a can of coke cable tied in place (or at least thats what I did last year). :w00t:

Edited by CharlieBrown, 21 June 2005 - 10:15 AM.

#147 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

That explains it, now i understand.

#148 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:23 AM

or in my case, a 2 litre coke bottle to catch the oil has it come spewing out the breather :nugget: *whistles"

#149 bristolminimad

bristolminimad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Local Club: Swindon Mini AsoCiates

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

what class would i be in? i got a 998. is there different classes for standard and modified 998's?

#150 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

Can I just interject here, please... I've offered, against my own attempts at retaining some iota of sanity, to cook breakfast at Drag Wars... not your typical full English, but a typical American repast... PANCAKES!! And not the typical, thin Shrove Tuesday type - but full stodge, thick pancakes with maple syrup!

Now... and don't all speak up at once, I'm not as young as I used to be and I may get confused...

Who will be interested? No charge, unless someone wants to make a donation to TMF.

And what day is best? Saturday, when the whole TMF clan may not yet be there, or Sunday, after whatever happens on Saturday night?

And is there a doctor in the house? Maybe a white coat? Padded walls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users