Photo

Very Good Painter/paintshop Wanted (northwest)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 preston-pill

preston-pill

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: na/

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

hi guys, basically i bought an unfinished project the type that god himself would be proud off and i need to have the rest of it painted up. its been painted underneath (bumper lip downwards and inside the arches), inside the boot, engine bay and inside the car, its a brand new shell so no rot as i know minis are a nightmare with the old tin worm. all the hard work has been done
so basically i need the outside panels re-priming and painted, doors, bonnet, bootlid and roof, it needs to be to the unreal finish of the rest of the car and im struggling to find someone i could trust to complete the task. so if anybody knows of a really good sprayshop/classic car shop in the northwest lancashire area id be very happy if you could supply me with there contact details. im not looking for a quick paintjob i want someone who is a perfectionist really.

regards chris.

#2 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

PM 'Panelbeaterpeter' on here, he might be interested and his work is superb.

Not sure where he is though mate.

#3 preston-pill

preston-pill

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: na/

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

yep i noticed him on another topic but he's down in bristol. i think and i want to try find someone a bit more local first before i go further afield.. thanks for your reply though mate

#4 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

there is a place in Poulton ( just outside blackpool ) can't remember the name of it off hand but they re built my rover 200 after it was involved in a pile up on the m6. When i sold this 2 a car dealer I had to show him the recipt for the work as he would not belive me that it had been in a smash. There work is excellent but VERY pricey.

EDIT, just remebered....

The name is called Clancys and sons... i think.

I'm going up that way to visit my parents next week so i will drive past and get you the name and number.

Edited by BoboGib, 09 December 2007 - 05:00 PM.

#5 tomkidd

tomkidd

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

I will paint it with hammered finish hammerite and an old 2inch brush?

#6 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:20 AM

clancys are good. very good. there isnt much choice round this area. im looking to get mine done and with living in blackpool i dont want to be moving half a mini to the other side of the country to be sprayed.
you have probably heard about mini technique, but my mate got his mini sprayed there and they did a very good job. might be worth giving them a ring....

#7 Minigirl

Minigirl

With Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

if your willing to travel, i'd highly suggest Minimaster in Penrith
They are exceptionally good at what they do..i used to always take my mini there
http://www.minimaster.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users