8 replies to this topic

#1 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:44 AM

I got a chrome wiper kit for Christmas, but the wiper arms cannot be used. The slots on the cup on the arms are not deep enough to grip onto the wiper motor spindle properly. The spindle either just moves around inside the wiper arm cup or the arm moves but then gets stuck or judders. Is there any way to fit the arm to the spindle so that it grips properly or do I have to buy a new pair of wiper arms that have deep enough slots? If I do have to buy a new ones, which ones would you recommend? (must be chrome)

#2 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

I changed one of my chrome ones a few months back as it got really loose and flappy - got a new one from MiniSport for about 6 quid I think.

Fits great and works fine :D

Not that this helps with the ones that you already have... >_<

#3 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

So do you think I should just buy new ones? Were they chrome ones you bought?

#4 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

I dont think I know enough about the different wipers and their fittings to answer that >_< Someone might have a bright idea about yours up their sleeve...

But yeah the ones i got were chrome :D

#5 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:19 AM

mine fit C**p as well, one side fits great but the drivers side falls off, its a chrome kit from P&L. >_<

#6 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

i had the same problem with my set,i found that only the more expensive sets actually work, but i'm not bothering with chrome wiper this time round, just sticking with the OE black ones, they fit so much better and have like a tooth thing that grips the spindle as you slot them on.

#7 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

i had the same problem with my set,i found that only the more expensive sets actually work, but i'm not bothering with chrome wiper this time round, just sticking with the OE black ones, they fit so much better and have like a tooth thing that grips the spindle as you slot them on.

My chrome ones have that - Ive had no problems with them at all (once I figured out how to get the old wipers off that is! ha)

#8 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

My chrome ones have that - Ive had no problems with them at all (once I figured out how to get the old wipers off that is! ha)

The ones in the set I got have the teeth as well, they're just too shallow to actually grip onto the spindle properly. Maybe there is a way I could make them deeper, any ideas?

#9 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well I ended up buying some decent quality ones from Minispares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users