#19 burnleyadam

burnleyadam

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: N.A

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Aston Villa, we beat you in the cup too!

The list goes on! Haha.

Burnley have Arsenal in the cup next week, they're next to be added to the list (or maybe not!).

#20 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

England ;) :thumbsup:

I used to 'support' Man U, then Beckham left

I now support Chelsea....hmmmm Jon terry lol!!

:proud:

#21 RetroRay

RetroRay

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

I'm a Burnley fan. Claret and Blue through and through!

Anyone else an avid footie fan?

Claret and blue your avin a laugh, claret and blue and your avin a laugh :proud:

Used to be a big West ham fan until the mini took over my life ;)

#22 Jet_black

Jet_black

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

Wolverhampton Wanderers

#23 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

im a devout Chelsea fan lol cant wait till we sign berbatov, anelka and lionel messi. get drogba, lamps, carvalho, cech and terry back asap then we'll kick united and arsenal off the pitch lol

each for their own i say :)

#24 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

im a devout Chelsea fan lol cant wait till we sign berbatov, anelka and lionel messi. get drogba, lamps, carvalho, cech and terry back asap then we'll kick united and arsenal off the pitch lol

To be honest, I think if you can't top the table with the players you've currently got, its not new players you need. Having said that, Shevy hasn't been too great, so you could do with one more world class striker I guess.

#25 cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Local Club: .

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

im a devout Chelsea fan lol cant wait till we sign berbatov... and lionel messi.

HA, dream on :)

#26 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

To be honest, I think if you can't top the table with the players you've currently got, its not new players you need. Having said that, Shevy hasn't been too great, so you could do with one more world class striker I guess.

agreed, shevy should just keep his head down, over the past few weeks he is slowly getting back into shape. i think anelka will give us a boost up front, he is very clinical (execpt from that 6 yard sitter he missed a few weeks back lol)

Avram Grant isnt that bad a manager IMO. but i think if we dont win it this year its down to the mourinho depature and injuries. theres no doubt on paper we have the best players but man u and arsenal are more of a spirited team this season, so it will be close. i wouldnt put money on anyone winning it yet as there is lots to happen yet. who knows Ronaldo might have a broken metatarsal in a few weeks (please god lol) and theres even liverpool to look out for. torres looks awesome at home but he needs to start scoring away from home.

#27 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Local Club: West Sussex

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

Chelsea....Lampard :)

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#28 rja

rja

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Liverpool and Spurs fans...

I know you're both in the Premier League and have beaten us too... But we have embarrassed you both in the past few years!

Hehe, only messing with you, don't take it to heart.

But we did beat you :)

Yiddo till I die!!!

#29 vally46

vally46

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Local Club: Humbersidemoc.co.uk

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

I'm a Burnley fan. Claret and Blue through and through!

Anyone else an avid footie fan?

liverpool for football,valentino rossi for bikes,hamilton for F1,minis for ever!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

Avram Grant isnt that bad a manager IMO. but i think if we dont win it this year its down to the mourinho depature and injuries. theres no doubt on paper we have the best players but man u and arsenal are more of a spirited team this season, so it will be close. i wouldnt put money on anyone winning it yet as there is lots to happen yet. who knows Ronaldo might have a broken metatarsal in a few weeks (please god lol) and theres even liverpool to look out for. torres looks awesome at home but he needs to start scoring away from home.

I think ManU are going to win it to be honest, as much as it pains to say. I don't think Chelsea are gelling as a team, and I can't see that changing in a while, you seem to be just about grinding out wins, where as the two years you won the Premiership the whole team was playing as one.

I think Arsenal are playing some real nice football again, almost like they haven't missed the departure of Henry, Ljundberg and a couple of others, but I think if they get a couple of injuries, particularly to Hleb, Adeby and Fabregas then they haven't got anyone in reserve and they struggle.

I really like the Liverpool team at the moment, and all the 4-X scorelines we seem to be getting when we win at the moment, but we have to find some consistency, and we HAVE to start winning against the other teams in the top four.

I just think ManU have everything this season, great passing play, great finishers, good solid defence for the most part, decent keeper, midfielders who'll get goals, and a very good subsitution bench and players in reserve who would make it into nearly any starting line up of the Premiership. The sheer breadth of their team will see them win it this season. Still won't win the CL though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users