10 replies to this topic

#1 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

hi, i am looking to do a zcar conversion and am wondering if any of you could tell me, how much lower one is compared to a normal mini?

also how wide would the wheels be if you had 7" by 13" star mags on it?

i am hoping to do a clubby zcar-zeemax, i already have loads of bits- including car, R1 engine, body kit, new bonnet, new front sub-frame, new dash, new door cards, new digital speedo, loads!!! all the way down to little indicators.

but now just looking at some of the other peoples i not sure if its possible or not.

can anybody advise

Attached Files

#2 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

are you going to use a steel body or one of z car's fibreglass ones?

If you're using a steel body consider a promotive R1 conversion instead - loads cheaper, much simpler and front wheel drive !!

Edited by roofless, 03 January 2008 - 10:23 PM.

#3 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

If you're using a steel body consider a promotive R1 conversion instead - loads cheaper, much simpler and front wheel drive !!

only prob is that they dont have a reverse, had a look at that one. using steel body

Edited by plally, 03 January 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#4 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

does any body think it is possiable to do a z-car / zeemax convertion?

#5 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

yep, should be no proble at all, just fit the z cars kit first as you always trim the arches to suit once the wheel alignment and ride height is set so you would just fix your bodykit in place after.

good luck with it

#6 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

yep, should be no proble at all, just fit the z cars kit first as you always trim the arches to suit once the wheel alignment and ride height is set so you would just fix your bodykit in place after.

good luck with it

just not really sure if the kit will cover the wheels? every body has really big arch's on theres, but they all have deep dish wheels.

has any body got starmag wheels on there zcar?

#7 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

You can build a zcars mini on 6" wide sportspack wheels so that is not a an issue, if your unsure get the kit fitted and them work out or try different wheels to get the right look.

#8 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Both these are z-cars conversions so yes you can fit one with a body kit.

Posted Image

Although the bodykit did sit a bit low and get slightly damaged so it's now being reshelled without :D .

Edited by pete, 04 January 2008 - 08:57 PM.

#9 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

Hi Peter, (lally) (tis confusing now with two Petes on the forum!)

Another idea is that you can put a spacer block on the arch mounting faces of the sideskirt and rear bumper. This will lift the rear arch up the quarter panel. I'd say an inch would be plenty and a bit of fettling and smoothing may be required too!

To be honest though, the body kit arches sit slightly higher at the back than Sportspacks do anyway and MarkRally ran his last car with Sportspack Arches.

Next time I see you Peter I'll explain it better. I'll be up your way in about 2 weeks time, all being well.

Les.

#10 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hi Peter, (tis confusing now with two Petes on the forum!)

Another idea is that you can put a spacer block on the arch mounting faces of the sideskirt and rear bumper. This will lift the rear arch up the quarter panel. I'd say an inch would be plenty and a bit of fettling and smoothing may be required too!

To be honest though, the body kit arches sit slightly higher at the back than Sportspacks do anyway and MarkRally ran his last car with Sportspack Arches.

Next time I see you Peter I'll explain it better. I'll be up your way in about 2 weeks time, all being well.

Les.

hi les, think i know what you mean! yes give me a shout when your up, we've being saying that for ages now!

tryed ringing wayne at hull, but didn't get a answer from him.

#11 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

do you have a pro-motive r1? if so how do you get on with not having a reverse gear?

Edited by plally, 08 January 2008 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users