5 replies to this topic

#1 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

As above really went boarding last night at Castleford and I was getting very odd feedback from the board, It seemed to be dragging rather than sliding and on the lower section of the slope ie the lower gradient I was losing a lot of speed

Anyway just wondering if I need to rewax my board, and is it possible to DIY it rather than pay someone a load of money

Also bust one of my toe straps last night but it is possible to still board with out it :-

Cheers

Ian

#2 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

Personally i'd get the toe strap fixed, you can pick them up from board shops pretty cheap usually or somtimes just cut them down to te next fixing hole.

waxing is DIYable, you just get a packet of boad wax and an old iron without steam holes in the bottom and literaly melt (drip) some wax onto the bottom of the board then iron it in, let it cool then use a scraper ( i use a wide plastic one that covers the width of the board) to scrape most of the wax off.

I have found on my board which has a scintered base (there are 2 styles of base scintered which are made by compressing small plastic balls together to give a porous base or a plain PTEX plastic base, scinterd bases tend to be on the more expensie boards) that ocasionally waxing it and then using Dr Zogs Notwax, this is a PTFE liquid that soaks into the base and really provides some slip IMO.

#3 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

Yeah going to get the strap fixed but it happened on the second run of a 2 hour session so didnt have much choice at the time. Just need to find a strap.

I'll have a look on ebay for a scraper and wax etc as local store recently shut down.

Can't remember what base my board has but its a Burton one. Have seen people using a spray before going on the slope and wondered what it was

thanks

#4 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

On dryslopes a lot of people use mr sheen or a similar polish as dryslopes can strip the wax of the base fairly quickly.

#5 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

I dont go on dryslopes, castleford is an indoor 'real snow' slope (well as real as manmade snow can get!)

#6 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

LOL very wise, dryslope are the devil!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users