#1 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

well, Ive just had an interesting night, I went to bed about 11ish last night but couldnt get to sleep. No word of a lie I was still wide awake at 4am. I was even contemplating getting up, getting something to eat and some coffee and staying awake all through the day. I was wiiiide awake but so tired!

I tried watching tv( I normally fall asleep while watching tv, and put TV on timer, but I was still awake when the tv switched off :w00t: ) I watched something on the spice girls, Im suprised that didnt send me to sleep, then tried no tv and complete darkness and just lying there...no luck, then tried reading. Nothing worked. In the end I got my laptop out and went on there for a bit until the bright light made me sleepy.

Ive no idea why I cant sleep though,. Ive got a few things that are coming up that Im excited about and was thinking about what I can do to Monty next :teehee: but that shouldnt be 5 hours worth!! I made sure this morning I got up early so that Im knackered tonight so I sleep :thumbsup:

Does anyone else have problems sleeping? I never normally do, but occasionally like tonight! What do you do to help get you to sleep.

Razberry xXx

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'm having trouble sleeping recently, not too sure why either!

I usually go on t'interweb for a bit, which if its late at night usually makes me pretty tired, but I sometimes just end up lying in bed with my eyes wide open for hours, which is really annoying!

Reading helps sometimes, but Jen reckons that I'm always thinking about stuff which is true, I lie in bed with all sorts going through my head, usually what I want to do the next day/at the weekend/whenever, or worrying about money/time/whatever...

I guess what I'm saying is that I can't really help, but I know how you feel!

:w00t:

Tom

#3 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

yes. badly! sometimes anyway, stress is my biggest factor. Its my final year at uni so im getting more than a bit worked up..

funny you bring this up now, was in bed at 1am last night, then woke up at 3 and only got back to sleep about 6! then had to get up at 7. :thumbsup:
I tend to try not thinking about anything too much, as then I get carried away and cant stop thinking about it!

I do like counting sheep sometimes too, it amuses me. Dosnt send me to sleep mind!

#4 A KIRK

A KIRK

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Local Club: None now I don't own a mini

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

If I'me stressed or know I have a 3or4am start the next day then I don't sleep, and the more you get frustrated about not being able to sleep the more awake you become.

I'd normally log onto the internet, then listen to some relaxing music, and if all that fails, I jump in a car and go for a drive, then come home and try sleeping again

#5 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Awww. Poor Razling. :teehee:

I often see the world between 2am & 5am too. Dawn Chorus starts at 2.30am these days for some reason. :thumbsup:

However, if I do some exercise in the evening (go for a run, go climbing, biking, or "bedroom gymnastics") it tends not to happen & I get a decent night's kip.

#6 miRon

miRon

• Banned
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

i take sleeping pills now,seems to have sorted my problem of not sleeping

#7 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

I'm having trouble sleeping recently, not too sure why either!

I usually go on t'interweb for a bit, which if its late at night usually makes me pretty tired, but I sometimes just end up lying in bed with my eyes wide open for hours, which is really annoying!

Reading helps sometimes, but Jen reckons that I'm always thinking about stuff which is true, I lie in bed with all sorts going through my head, usually what I want to do the next day/at the weekend/whenever, or worrying about money/time/whatever...

I guess what I'm saying is that I can't really help, but I know how you feel!

:teehee:

Tom

yea, completely the same as me!! I had loads of stuff going through my head, some stuff that I didnt even need to think about last night but I couldnt stop thinking about it!!
Its reassuring im not the only one :w00t:

yes. badly! sometimes anyway, stress is my biggest factor. Its my final year at uni so im getting more than a bit worked up..

funny you bring this up now, was in bed at 1am last night, then woke up at 3 and only got back to sleep about 6! then had to get up at 7. :wub:
I tend to try not thinking about anything too much, as then I get carried away and cant stop thinking about it!

I do like counting sheep sometimes too, it amuses me. Dosnt send me to sleep mind!

:wub:

aww! See im not stressed, in fact far from it. I was thinking about money and jobs last night, as I dont have either haha,and in a few weeks I find out whether I got through to the interview stage of a career im after! But silly things were going through my head, like what I was going to do at the weekend, what I wanted to finish on the car, Bingley weekend because Im doing a lot that weekend but WHY come up in my little head at that time of night!! :P

However, if I do some exercise in the evening (go for a run, go climbing, biking, or "bedroom gymnastics") it tends not to happen & I get a decent night's kip.
:thumbsup:

Ive been doing running but I didnt last night actually. The other night I did swimming and did 60 lengths, slept well that night!!
I just hope I can sleep tonight! x

Edited by *Raz*, 10 January 2008 - 10:13 AM.

#8 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:16 AM

I have that affect on women. :thumbsup: :w00t:

I just can't be bothered to sleep these day, tend to go to bed later than normal even if I've got to get up early the next day. Seems like a waste of my life, sleeping!

#9 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

Seems like a waste of my life, sleeping!

:w00t: get out!!!

Sleeping is the best, one of my favorite things to do! I love just snuggling up in my big bed and drifting off to sleep, especially in the winter

#10 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

Do excercise at night then have dinner at least 2 hours before you goto bed, maintain your body clock cycle (eg if you usually goto bed at 11am try and stick to going bed at that time)
Play on games console if you cant lol!

I have to say Raz, your pretty chirpy to say you've had no sleep! If that was me id be in a foul mood today - best avoided!

#11 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

Beds are only good for one thing, I think we all know what that is.

#12 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

yeah but theres lots more interesting stuff to do! try some more exercise this evening, it does help.
One of my favourites is 'lists' of everything bugging me! Good luck sleeping.

#13 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

Sleeping. Iv had more fun in the bathroom & in the kitchen and on the stairs come to think of it...

#14 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

Do excercise at night then have dinner at least 2 hours before you goto bed, maintain your body clock cycle (eg if you usually goto bed at 11am try and stick to going bed at that time)
Play on games console if you cant lol!

I have to say Raz, your pretty chirpy to say you've had no sleep! If that was me id be in a foul mood today - best avoided!

hmmm I did eat pretty late last night I think, that might not have helped! I was on a buzz from getting Monty done! :w00t: :teehee:
Haha, I am pretty happy today actually, but thats because I keep waking up and realising I dont have to work at my horrible work with my horrible boss anymore!! Im trying to block out that I really should get another job while Im in limbo :wub:. Ill prob be moody later!! :P

Yea I know!!! SLEEPING :wub: :thumbsup:

yeah but theres lots more interesting stuff to do! try some more exercise this evening, it does help.
One of my favourites is 'lists' of everything bugging me! Good luck sleeping.

Oh yea, I made a list of mini parts I want too haha!!

#15 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:31 AM

See im not stressed, in fact far from it. I was thinking about money and jobs last night, as I dont have either haha,and in a few weeks I find out whether I got through to the interview stage of a career im after! But silly things were going through my head, like what I was going to do at the weekend, what I wanted to finish on the car, Bingley weekend because Im doing a lot that weekend but WHY come up in my little head at that time of night!!

Morning!
Things come into your head at silly o'clock because there's nothing to stop them -- no outside distractions. Even if you think you're not stressed, *Raz*, you've just packed in your job, and yesterday you had an exciting time refurbishing Monty.

Ive been doing running but I didnt last night actually. The other night I did swimming and did 60 lengths, slept well that night!!

So ... the answer is ... :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users