#1 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

hi there i dont have a z-cars but i figured this was the best place to ask.

i have a full rollcage in my mini, the dash rail has been removed and the cage has a dash bar.

im having problems finding a decent dashboard that will be easy to fit using the dash bar as you lot have cages i was wondering what you had done for dashboard when the dash rail has been removed?

cheers

#2 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

so nearly 100 people have looked at this and none of you have removed the dash rail from your shell and fitted a dashboard in...?

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

I think generally people have just cut slots in the side of the Z Cars type dash, then fabricated their own brackets.

#4 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

You don't remove the dash rail for a standard kit as they don't have a bar across the bottom of the dash. I think the race kit does but as these are quite new there aren't many ready yet and i'm sure z-cars will have designed them to fit with most dashes.

#5 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

To fit a z's stylr fibreglass or a curley carbon dash, I would weld a bracket on each side of the car, roughly where your bottom dash rail would have been, obviously a bit higher or lower depending on where your dash bar is. Preferably with captive nuts so you can then fix dash to top dash rail and to these brackets at bottom corners of chosen dash.

#6 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

To fit a z's stylr fibreglass or a curley carbon dash, I would weld a bracket on each side of the car, roughly where your bottom dash rail would have been, obviously a bit higher or lower depending on where your dash bar is. Preferably with captive nuts so you can then fix dash to top dash rail and to these brackets at bottom corners of chosen dash.

cheers mate.

that sound like what i'll have to do.

cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users