#1051 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

mini%20interior_zpsm0mhoieo.jpg

here is a picture of my home made dash board, it has LED gauges, a stereo and wideband gauge

the seats and shifter boot cover are from a Nissan micra

steering wheel and floor matts are from a VP mk1 metro

shifter and park brake have been moved back 12inches

Edited by joakwin, 23 July 2015 - 12:24 AM.

#1052 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

double post

Edited by joakwin, 23 July 2015 - 12:20 AM.

#1053 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:28 AM

image_zpsnguacg8o.jpg

#1054 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

This is an updated pic of Vinis dash

Attached Files

#1055 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

This is an updated pic of Vinis dash

It looks great, I particularly like the blue crystal meth on the dash board. And the legs... oh, err! :lol:

#1056 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

Stage two of Charlotte's dash refurb...

I'm putting the three main auxiliary gauges in the top dash rail so I can actually see them, and then some "special" gauges are replacing them in the centre console.

The Machmeter will actually work, because it runs on a vacuum feed off the manifold!

There will be an outside air temp gauge top centre of the console panel - a working one from a Lancaster bomber that I got off ebay...

Attached Files

#1057 REDICE

REDICE

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:15 AM

Before and after photos. The board is Kauri. I started with a cardboard template, then like a true kiwi made the rest on the kitchen table as well as refurbishing the cars wiring loom as per the manual - not as hard to do as you might think. Attached the top pad with bathroom mirror screws which come with a chrome dome finisher.

Attached File  161807432_full.jpg   42.18K   22 downloadsAttached File  b (2).jpg   39.5K   25 downloadsAttached File  f.jpg   37.92K   14 downloadsAttached File  028.jpg   50.16K   11 downloadsAttached File  108.jpg   44.65K   16 downloads

Attached File  044.jpg   40.68K   21 downloadsAttached File  iphone 089.JPG   47.67K   31 downloadsAttached File  048.jpg   39.43K   12 downloads

#1058 Tristian

Tristian

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Had to remake mine as the glue I used for the veneer didn't like the heat and made it bubble up, so for now just did it in vinyl.
Also some of the gauges were unsuitable for an alternator powered car so had to make a new metal plate and change the layout as well

Attached Files

#1059 Dzmarc

Dzmarc

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Has anyone got a template / drawing of a speedwell dash. Would love to make one up. 

#1060 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

Had to remake mine as the glue I used for the veneer didn't like the heat and made it bubble up, so for now just did it in vinyl.
Also some of the gauges were unsuitable for an alternator powered car so had to make a new metal plate and change the layout as well

This is very very pretty :)

#1061 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

I'm putting the three main auxiliary gauges in the top dash rail so I can actually see them, and then some "special" gauges are replacing them in the centre console.

The Machmeter will actually work, because it runs on a vacuum feed off the manifold!

There will be an outside air temp gauge top centre of the console panel - a working one from a Lancaster bomber that I got off ebay...

Progress, but things haven't gone quite as I wanted.

I filled and sanded everything off on the dash rail and started doing the vinyl wrap - unfortunately the wrap won't conform to the shape of the gauge pod (even when heated with a paintstripping gun!)

So I'm left with a naked pod - and I don't know how I'm going to finish it off without the pod covering looking a bit "tacked on". Any suggestions welcome...

Attached Files

#1062 IainStallard

IainStallard

I am the first status holder 2014.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club, CCMOC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

I filled and sanded everything off on the dash rail and started doing the vinyl wrap - unfortunately the wrap won't conform to the shape of the gauge pod (even when heated with a paintstripping gun!)

So I'm left with a naked pod - and I don't know how I'm going to finish it off without the pod covering looking a bit "tacked on". Any suggestions welcome...

How about getting it flocked?

#1063 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

How about getting it flocked?

I'd thought about flocking, but I'm not really keen on the texture... growing up in the 70's, I'm used to a bit of black vinyl on my dashboards... ;-)

#1064 Miniac86

Miniac86

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

You could make it in two parts and then have the face and top parts sewn together along the leading edge which would then make it easily conform to the various angles as it would now have been patterned to do so.

#1065 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

I think I have a solution - not quite what I'd planned, but...

I've covered the pod in two patches - looks a bit ropey at the moment, but a couple of bits of strategically-positioned self-adhesive trim edging (which hopefully will arrive today!) should cover the joins.

I've attached another pic of the centre console panel - the fasten seat belt gauge won't actually go here, but the panel looks great with more gauges in! :)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users