Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hey.

I've had to apply for a new logbook for the mini today so i can tax it.

Now I have a show on the 27th I really need to try and make in the Mini - thats about 10working days away :D

So sent my £25 cheuqe off and relivent paperwork...

But I was wondering, is there a way I can try and get my book within the next 10days?

I was thinking give till mid next week, then start riniging everyday to check on the progress...
AFAIK, soon as its been transfered into my name on their computers - it should show on their website?
Once i see its changed hands, try and tax it online?

#2 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

They wont hurry for anyone - I had a similar problem last year with the new car, the delaer had sent off to change the details on the V5, meanwhile, I buy it and they couldnt tax it - managed to sort it 36hrs before I was getting wed.

You can ring them but unless your names on the system, they will tell you nuttin.

#3 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,433 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:07 AM

Sounds like a plan. Can't you tax 'n send the change of ownership off at the post office any more?

#4 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• 9,550 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Darn them!!

I did try ringing them earlier to see if I could do it all over the phone - no chance.

Was just thinking, if I could take a day off work, it might of been easier to go to the office and get it all sorted in person - even if it does mean waiting serval hours... but hours are better than days/weeks.

#5 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• 9,550 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

Sounds like a plan. Can't you tax 'n send the change of ownership off at the post office any more?

I never had a chang of ownership slip.

I never got given the V5 when i bought the car, so needed to apply for a new one - hence not being able to tax it :D

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,433 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

bummer, can't see them being rushed - must be well used to people trying to hurry them along!]

#7 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• 9,550 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

Do ya think its worth me ringing?

#8 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

No, they say you have to wait 6 weeks or something before ringing.

If you haven't waited the 6 weeks they won't do anything about it.

And you might end up with the problem I had... I waited ages and it didn't arrive (presumably prev owner didn't send it off), so I sent off for a new one, then 2 arrived on the same day, with different codes on them :D

Only one is valid, I tried to use the wrong one to tax the car by accident, whoops

#9 vally46

vally46

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Local Club: Humbersidemoc.co.uk

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

Hey.

Now I have a show on the 27th I really need to try and make in the Mini - thats about 10working days away :D

But I was wondering, is there a way I can try and get my book within the next 10days?

I was thinking give till mid next week, then start riniging everyday to check on the progress...
AFAIK, soon as its been transfered into my name on their computers - it should show on their website?

my log book went on the 29th dec got it back today,ooh that a bit too long for ya. :goaway:

Just a thought but could you go to post office fill out a form for a new log book and tax it at the same time or is that not poss?
other than that scan someone elses tax disc. :- only kidding.

#10 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• 9,550 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

No, they say you have to wait 6 weeks or something before ringing.

If you haven't waited the 6 weeks they won't do anything about it.

And you might end up with the problem I had... I waited ages and it didn't arrive (presumably prev owner didn't send it off), so I sent off for a new one, then 2 arrived on the same day, with different codes on them :D

Only one is valid, I tried to use the wrong one to tax the car by accident, whoops

Bullocks!

Hope I don't have to wait that long. I just hope the they are all happy on taffy land, and process my logbook quickly :P

Hey.

Now I have a show on the 27th I really need to try and make in the Mini - thats about 10working days away :goaway:

my log book went on the 29th dec got it back today,ooh that a bit too long for ya. :-

Just a thought but could you go to post office fill out a form for a new log book and tax it at the same time or is that not poss?
other than that scan someone elses tax disc. :withstupid: only kidding.

Sarcastic aren't you....

Anyways, nah I tried taxing it on the "application" form, they said I need a log book :o

Why does it all have to be digital these days, I bet in the olden days, i could of explained my case to a "friend" in the post offce, and got a tax disk lol (obv this would been illegal but hey)

#11 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:27 AM

*editted* because my reply made no sense :D

Edited by Natalie, 13 January 2008 - 03:30 AM.

#12 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

if you don't have the log book it might take a while

first they will write to the last keeper and ask them if they still have the car so this will take some time for them to respond

then if they don't hear anything they start transferring it to you

#13 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

too late now, but should have gone to local DVLA office...

#14 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Local Club: Minis on the run

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

when applying for my log book for the clubby estate it took 3 weeks 2 days.
i suppose it depends if the previous owner responds quickly or not, i think they have to wait upto 6 week for a response before they can make you the registered owner

#15 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

if you don't have the log book it might take a while

first they will write to the last keeper and ask them if they still have the car so this will take some time for them to respond

then if they don't hear anything they start transferring it to you

When i bought my grey golf unfortunately it came without any docs (long ebay story, not going into details, was kacking my pants) I bought it in the last week of May, it needed to be taxed end of may, i had no docs, DVLA said i wouldn't get fined for no tax as reg to prev owner still. I sent off for lost docs, like Bungle said they contact prev owner, if they hear nothing from them in 30days they send out new docs. I didn't have to wait this long luckily, my docs arrived in about 2 weeks. All was well thank god.

vally46 sent his off just before a bank hol too, so it would have been held up anyway. I reckon it'll arrive in time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users