78 replies to this topic

#1 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Any one ever heard of them? They look to be one of those companies that specialize in high end stuff, one of the obscure companies that most people wouldnt have heard of lol >_< Either that or they're kack!
I'm asking because I found a neat little 6" 200w subwoofer that would make a direct replacement for the standard rear speakers, made by them. I was considering just using the kenwood 6x9" subwoofers handle all the bass, but these look like they would add a bit more kick. Good idea or not?

Clicky

#2 Edmonds87

Edmonds87

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

Don't suppose you've got a link? would be interested myself if they any good.

#3 Edmonds87

Edmonds87

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

Sorry just seen the link u put at the bottem of your post!

It's been a long day >_<

#4 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

lol nice one.
They look pretty good, and although the vid doesnt have sound, they dont half bounce!

#5 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

look pretty good actually, i'll keep an eye on this brand for my future plans >_<

#6 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Heres their website aswell
Clicky

I think I'm gonna go ahead and order me a pair of them, try them out. Probably sound cr*p on their own, but coupled with my comps they may do the job. Anybody spot any obvious problems with mounting, as far as I can see they will slot straight in the original holes, original leads aswell.

Edited by Danny_California, 18 January 2008 - 07:20 PM.

#7 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:33 AM

hmmmm ive heard of them before but not in a car system...

they have started in the home audio sector too...

This might help... very good review

^ although not car system... it seems like its a good bit of kit.. and highly recommended.

Let us know how they sound... 5" woofers would be ideal for most mini owners i think!

#8 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:53 AM

like you mention many people will not have heard of them,, but they look like a well established brand and their kit does look good.. they dont seem like the other other cheap doggy poop on ebay like "theloudest.com" omg what at utter waste of time that stuff is, like look wow a 3000watt amp for £50quid i dont think so.
judging by that excursion video they look like they should perform well, excursion that large on a speaker that small is something hard to come by, it seemed to look like a nice wobble as well if that makes sense,, didnt look like it was about to blow up. id go for it and report back upon installing!!!!

#9 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:48 AM

well as i say.. they have gone into hifi systems now.. and every single review ive found has been outstanding.. id say it would be pretty sure the stuff is going to be of a decent spec and decent performance!

#10 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

those subs seem to be pretty good, and they work in sealed and vented enclosures, as well as infinite baffle (free air). quite tempted to get a pair and drop them in the parcel shelf, thats if i dont buy the genesis 6x9* subwoofers first!

*which is the only 6x9 that actually sounds good, because it is only a subwoofer and nothing else.

#11 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

iv found a few video links on youtube,, which have the realm of excursion website logo at the start,, realm of excursion only seem to deal with really good kit anyway, im tempted to get 2 for under my seats aswell!!!

#12 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

iv just ordered 2 of them,, im gonna build a box under the rear seats for them tommorow as i have all the dimensions i will need off their website,, quite a good website to be honest, they only require a sealed volume of around 0.5cubic foot which is easily acheiveable under the bench,, i will report back upon completion and testing!!!!!!

#13 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

cool. looking ofrward to how they perform...

#14 ballen

ballen

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

those subs seem to be pretty good, and they work in sealed and vented enclosures, as well as infinite baffle (free air). quite tempted to get a pair and drop them in the parcel shelf, thats if i dont buy the genesis 6x9* subwoofers first!

*which is the only 6x9 that actually sounds good, because it is only a subwoofer and nothing else.

You seem to be in the same predicament as me, although mine will be going under the rear seats. I was thinking about sticking 4 under there, but i don't really want another amp so I'll be intrested as to how 2 of these perform... half the price of the Genesis 6x9s too.

#15 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

Im waiting to hear back about postage before i order my eD's.
As for the 6x9's, same idea as me, only I'm using the kenwood 6x9. Only because they're easier to get ahold of and they come with their own amp and all the leads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users