25 replies to this topic

#16 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

The most I have ever heard of anyone spending on a mini is £30,000, which was mostly on ICE, and the most I have ever heard of anyone spending on ICE is £100,000, but I think the car was fairly posh too :saywhat:

#17 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:22 PM

I should think if you don't go over the top ICE wise you should be able to do yourself a very nice and fast Mini for 10-15k.

MiniMoi

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

There was that mini for 50k that the Cooper garages built....

#19 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

How can I spend 12 HOURS today on her and have so little to show for it? Other than no skin on my thumb and oil EVERYWHERE? The engine is *almost* ready to come out, I cant figure out how to remove the gear linkage and support.
And the engine mount bolt, passenger side, why does it have to be DIRECTLY behind the brake hose? Is there not enough arch to spread tem out a bit??

#20 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

ah the fun of taking engiens out! 12 hours seems along time, engine susualyl only take a couple of hours to take out, but it always takes longer the first few times. U will need a punch to knock the pin out of the gear linkage, and unbolt the top bit!

#21 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

That also included helping out on other stuff a little bit, but I did other stuff too. I have found ALL the rust on it, including huge gaping holes where the sills were once.

#22 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:25 PM

brill! its so annoying the lack of movement when trying to get an engien out, iv got the advantage of a flip front so can keep the skin on my fingers

#23 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

The skin was before I even started on the strip-down. The sump-plug had not been touched in a while,
so the ratchet caught my thumb under the front panel. Had only been there 2 minutes, the first job I did on it!

#24 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:17 AM

Still stuck on "that bolt". The wings are gone now. If I can get a picture off my phone, I will post it tomorrow night.

#25 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

The bolts out!!!!
Well, off. Had to cut through the brace with a hacksaw, so i hope I can find a replacement part....... Now, the roll-pin in the change rod is stuck. Thats gotta be sawn off too! This part of the car is so seized its unreal.
Replacing the sills too, but I dont think theres enough of the old ones to justify a grinder. Half the drivers' side is already spread across the yard from a few hammer blows!

#26 mattvallins

mattvallins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:31 PM

Going out down the pub tonight I think, because I GOT THE ENGINE OUT!!!!!!
I had to saw off the braket on the diff housing AND the selector rod, they were both seized! So, get new panels (at trade prices from a local place :cheese: ) weld them in then re-spray!

Tried to get pictures on here, but my camera-phone wont upload :P I'll keep trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users