* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hi guys,

just after a bit of advice/info

I'm 21, and have recently been thinking of building a zcar, initially i wanted to do a road car that i could use for occasional track use, but have also seen that there is a race series, and would love to build one for racing, just wondering what the average build cost of the road version would be, and also the average cost of the race version. Also how much does it cost to race for a seaon, and what qualifications/liscences are needed.

Cheers Joe

#2 MiniMrMan

MiniMrMan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local Club: HEY Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi guys,

just after a bit of advice/info

I'm 21, and have recently been thinking of building a zcar, initially i wanted to do a road car that i could use for occasional track use, but have also seen that there is a race series, and would love to build one for racing, just wondering what the average build cost of the road version would be, and also the average cost of the race version. Also how much does it cost to race for a seaon, and what qualifications/liscences are needed.

Cheers Joe

Spend as much as you want, then add a little bit more! :kiss:

#3 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

Joe
There's some costings on here in the project diaries I think and for a steel shell conversion what you save on a race car build in trim you'll spend on wheels and tyres and the like. Ring them up and ideally visit their setup or get to a show or race so you can see the options for yourself.

A full fibreglass race shell and all the bits including engine is £20,000 and you will need RAC race licence, BARC membership and all the gear say £1000. Entry fees are about £200 and there's travel on top so it aint cheap but it is racing and if it's in you you'll find a way!

There's some championship info here:clicky
Chris

#4 * Specialized *

* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

:thumbsup: cheers mrminiman, thats awesome thanks for the reply Chris, ill make a note of the race meets etc and go along and see how it all works, will deffinately be at oulton park to see some of you guys bombing round, and ill deffo be giving Zcars a ring sooner rather than later, and would like to see the different options that are availiable, ill also keep browsing the forum, and will have a good browse on the championship link you sent.

Cheers again Joe =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users