5 replies to this topic

#1 timbo

timbo

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

I wouldn't mind a z-cars front subframe for my project mini and eas wondering how much they are and also what is included within the price?
Ofcousre I wll be phoning z-cars on monday but I was just wondering if anyone knew now.

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Just over £1000 plus VAT I believe. That includes the frame, protech shocks, double wishbones and engine brackets.

When you add up the cost of a new front subframe, fully adjustable suspension, and either a set of coilovers or a decent damper and shock setup, its really not as expensive as it sounds, and the ride is supposed to be awesome with the Z Cars subby (will give you first hand acount soon!).

#3 timbo

timbo

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

Sounds good. So it's just a case of bolting on some brakes and it's ready to be chucked in the mini?

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

There is the small matter of finding out where to put the radiator. You might get more room in a standard round nose (a Clubman should be easier still), but in my Minus the shock goes right across where the side rad would be.

#5 timbo

timbo

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

I think it might be easier to sort that out once the subframe is in position. Will the mini forum being sorting any discount out with zcars soon for plus members?

#6 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Local Club: Minis on the run

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

not sure how much it improves handling on a front engined A series, but it made a huge improvement on my rear engined V8 mini and i would recommend one based on that. and as stated previously by the time you have brought adjustable suspension and shocks, £1000 isnt much for the Zcars set up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users