#1 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Local Club: NWMC

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

ok this is weird am smoothing off my rear lip at the end of the week and my valance is off place butttt... its off place on the left and rigt corner but the rest is in the right place ? how can i sort this im confused :lol:

#2 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

It's could be a non genuine one so doesn't fit properly, but saying that the valances hardly ever line up properly, they don';t need to as they weren't designed to be deseamed! I'd grind the lip off the section that lines up and weld it, the grind a few inches further either side, pushing the valance out or in so it lines up with the back panel and weld it in place. Carry on until it's all welded up. Don't expect to get a perfect profile, it'll need some tweaking. Failing that you could always chop off the valance all together and fit a new one, then you could line it up properly and it would reduce the amount of filler you'd have to use to get to look right.

#3 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

well ill have a go at that way first any use fiberglass is that ok to use ? and if comes out sh*t then ill but a new one :lol:

#4 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

Yeah fibreglass is fine for bulk filling, but try and minimise the amount of filler needed as much as poss.

#5 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Ok great :lol: well ill have a go at it this weekend and let you know how it goes if i have any problems ill mail you :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users