1 reply to this topic

#1 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

Before jumping straight in and changing anything, I decided to have a look at the back box part to see if it would be a nice easy job.

Well I noticed that the exhaust that should be going on has only one box, whereas the one on it already has two. Not a problem I thought.

Anyway, upon looking closer it appears that they may fit slightly differently. The one already has two bits of metal welded to it that poke into bits of rubber, basically supporting it and stopping it scraping the floor. Well the new one only seems to have one, But it also has some kind of thing around it, just before the back box...like a D shape bit of metal with two bolts holding it in place, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, can anyone advise - will this work as a straight swap? The last thing I want is for the new exhaust to be hanging down and scraping.

Thanks

#2 lil dan

lil dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Before jumping straight in and changing anything, I decided to have a look at the back box part to see if it would be a nice easy job.

Well I noticed that the exhaust that should be going on has only one box, whereas the one on it already has two. Not a problem I thought.

Anyway, upon looking closer it appears that they may fit slightly differently. The one already has two bits of metal welded to it that poke into bits of rubber, basically supporting it and stopping it scraping the floor. Well the new one only seems to have one, But it also has some kind of thing around it, just before the back box...like a D shape bit of metal with two bolts holding it in place, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, can anyone advise - will this work as a straight swap? The last thing I want is for the new exhaust to be hanging down and scraping.

Thanks

what exhaust is it? do you have any pics of the exhaust? there my be a need to fit another mounting near the back box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users