4 replies to this topic

#1 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:52 PM

Fitted some -ve bottom arms, and adj tie rods t'over day, and my wheels have always rubbed slightly, but ever since fitting these, it has got worse. The arch is being slightly punished now.

So my question is.... i need to cut away some of the front wing arch, i was going to fit some W&P arches at the same time, but the W&P arches fit to the lip of the arch, how do you go about fitting the arch where the lip no longer exists?!?

tc
Rich

#2 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:06 PM

If youve got adjustable tie rods, it could be these that are making the the wheels rub. If they are set longer than the ones youve took off it will push the wheel nearer towards the arch, but if youve set them to the length for a particular reason then you will certanly have to cut the arch. If its cut correctly and a new lip bent back using a dolly and hammer you will still be able to fit the W&P arches. They are excellent quality arches and can be formed to the body to a certain extent.
This is how close mine are and with fine adjustment to the arch they dont scrub what so ever.

Attached Files

#3 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:31 PM

Surely if they are set longer, then the wheel will be pushed further away from the arch? its at the front where they are catching.

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

when i fitted my longer tie bars it moved the wheel back in the arch

#5 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

Sorry old boy, your absolutly right. I did mean the shorter they are. Sorry for any confussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users