6 replies to this topic

#1 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

I've decided to give up on the roller painting of the entire car after the bonnet taking 3 weeks.

I'm thinking about getting one of these to spray on the rustoleum I have been using

http://www.screwfix....NRO4CSTHZOSFFI#

Anyone used one?

#2 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

this is the model up from mine and mine works fine which you have seen on my project pages,, not many people have used them but i would say go for it!!!!

#3 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

Cool. Nice one. :)

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

3 weeks on a bonnet?! sure you're not putting the paint on too thick mate?

spray stations are getting good results, Mine will arrive tomorrow but it's not an earlex one as i didn't have the money lying around. Still be good though. :)

Check out TheDoobZ' project page for results,... looks like a very acceptable finish is attainable.

#5 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

3 weeks on a bonnet?! sure you're not putting the paint on too thick mate?

spray stations are getting good results, Mine will arrive tomorrow but it's not an earlex one as i didn't have the money lying around. Still be good though. :thumbsup:

Check out TheDoobZ' project page for results,... looks like a very acceptable finish is attainable.

More like putting it on too thin!

I ended up doing ultra thin coats and lots of them, I reckon I did 10 coats. But hey, it was dry to the touch within 5 - 10 minutes in the warmth.

#6 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

iv use an electric gun before and it was hell! it didnt pick up the paint properly so it spat paint before it started to spray which resulted in drips and a few burst blood vessels :thumbsup:

#7 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

iv use an electric gun before and it was hell! it didnt pick up the paint properly so it spat paint before it started to spray which resulted in drips and a few burst blood vessels >_<

out of interest what electric gun did you use?? i have an earlex and it works really well..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users