#1 998ccMike

998ccMike

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Local Club: Bristol Mini Drifters

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

hi all,i have had a look around and cant sem to find any info on converting the brakes on a mini from drum to disk(for the front)tho i may have missed it.Is this possible to do? As my 1976 mini has drums all round and i would like to convert to disks just for the font end?and if it is possible is it a huge job to do or a straight foward conversion?all info and help welcome.

#2 steve b

steve b

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

hi all,i have had a look around and cant sem to find any info on converting the brakes on a mini from drum to disk(for the front)tho i may have missed it.Is this possible to do? As my 1976 mini has drums all round and i would like to convert to disks just for the font end?and if it is possible is it a huge job to do or a straight foward conversion?all info and help welcome.

it is easy to convert from drums to discs as i did it on my own 76 mini you just need to get the front hubs from a later mini and completly remove the front drum assembly and replace it with the new one. just undo top and bottom ball joints, track rod ends, hub nut and brake hose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users