Hi ive just bought a Pioneer TS-W254C 10' sub for £18 here's the spec:
500 Watts Max Music Power
250 Watts Nominal Power Handling
Frequency Response: 18-2,500Hz
Sensitivity (Efficiency): 87dB (1W/1m)
4ohm Rated
10" Foamed IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene) Rigilite Composite Cone Woofer
Dual-Layer Urethane Surround
Direct Bobbin Mounted VCCS (Voice Coil Cooling System)
Conex Damper with Damper Ring
Lead Wires Integrated into Damper for High Reliability and Improved Power Transfer
Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
High-Energy Ferrite Magnet with Bumped Back Plate
Low-Q Design for use in Small Sealed Box (0.8 cubic foot recommend)

This bit been the main thing does this mean that it shouldn't be really used in a ported encloser or does it just mean that it's not a free air sub? Also does anyone have any likns as to where I can get the reccomneded size enclosure from?
thanks

#2 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

you could get ported but ported usually means bigger box and the boxes have to be tuned to a specific frequency to sound good. just build a sealed box mate and it should sound good. invest in plenty of sound deadenign for the boot floor if thats where its going!

#3 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

the pioneer subs have a 'F' on the end for free-air and not a 'C' like yours. The sub should come with a pile of info that is needed to work out the ideal box size. You can use a program like 'blaubox' to work out the dimensions for the enclosure. I used it a few years back with a jl audio 12w0 sub and the results were awesome it was that loud you couldn't here the components!

diyaudiocorner software

#4 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:52 PM

Im intending to get a boot board kit and mount my sub in the right and wing. Mainly to save boot space. Im going to need a smaller sub though.

Would the right wing be suitable to mount a 400watt 10" Sub?

Im not fussed for "Perfecto" sound. Just wheather it would work or not.

<|Ben|>

#5 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:05 AM

all different subs need different sized enclosures. you need to measure exatly how much room you have and find a sub that needs that amount of space

#6 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

all different subs need different sized enclosures. you need to measure exatly how much room you have and find a sub that needs that amount of space

Well the enclosure in the right hand wing (I guess) would be the capacity of the fuel tank as the fuel tank fits in the other wing.

Would it be wise for me to pack it with foam/sponge/fiberglass before I fit it to deaden the sound from vibrating the wing.

<|Ben|>

#7 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

im not too sure with the whole wadding in the box idea. it makes the sub believe the box is bigger than it actually is but why would you need that if the box is big enough already? it would make sense though if your short of space!

#8 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

just coat the wing in some sort of sound deadening (slef adhesive lino tiles or flashing tape will do). As for a perfect sound if you're gonna do it you may aswell fit an 8" with the right size enclosure as fit a 10" with the wrong size.

#9 Scarface

Scarface

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

http://www.pioneerel...41029364900.pdf

found this link and need a bit of advice on choosing the rite enclosure to enable the sub to drop low for the deep bass notes but retain some of its fast punchy sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users