3 replies to this topic

#1 gulliver

gulliver

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

could anybody tell me if a mini servo would go straight on to a non servo model that has front disks as standard or is the pipework/ pedal setup different and also if metro gta alloys will fit on or do they require spacers
thanks

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:50 AM

Metro wheels will need spacers, there's a thread in FAQ's about wheels and offsets which tell you how big...

As for the servo, as long as it's one of a split brake system mini ( 80's onwards ) then yes, you will need the servo, brake master ( which should be one unit ) and would recommend you also take the compensator which is the tube sort of thing which sits on the bulkhead...

#3 gulliver

gulliver

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:07 PM

thanks for the info

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

You also need the upper pedal box, brake pedal and lines. You need to make one extra mounting point for the upper pedal box in the bulkhead, the position will be obvious when you have it in place. You may need to form a slight dent in the bulkhead to allow the box the fit straight with this mounting in place and you will need to use some large washers to spread the load of this mounting into the bulkhead. It's pretty easily done all in all.
Depending on what model of master cylinder you are removing you may need to change the rear cylinders to maintain pressure distribution. Tell us the part number of your current master and someone here will be able to tell you if the rears will be the same size for the new one.
Look around the site, there's a guy on here in the process of removing the whole setup so he may have one for sale!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users