#1 tweety

tweety

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:49 AM

Hey guys
rite jus sorted out the overheatin/warped head buisness, got in the car yesterday and none of the clocks work. Took the dash apart and found that the speedo cable had come away from the little push in bit that goes into the rear of the clock so im gunna av to sort this lol
So jus wondering how hard it is to change??
Also my rev counter has stopped workin. I started playing up when me an a mate had to bump start my car a while ago but now that has stopped too!!!
All the wires in the bk of it are all fine but im not too sure where they go to????
cheers all
arron

#2 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:46 PM

they are simple apart from the queeze at the ack o the engine bay, just unclip it off the back of ther speedo and then it unsrews from the gearbox casing i believe

#3 bumblebee

bumblebee

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:56 PM

speedo cable, what an arse of a job!, i tried for aaaages to get the actual screw fitting out from the 'box, then foind it easier to undo the one bolt holding the actual drive in!!, pull the whole lot up to the top of the engine bay, replace cable and lower the new cable and speedo drive back down the rear of the engine (the path it took to come up anyway :),)another tip, put loads of bodge tape around the screw ring that goes into the speedo clock, if that shimmys its way down the cable (usually after you've just got the bottom drive in) it get serious, joking, its just fiddly and i had a temper tantrum :)

hope this helps a little :), just remember, safety 1st, make sure the cars on axle stands, and watch out for lumps of junk falling from the subframe, you'll be working through a little gap in the subframe on the passenger side near the back, use a head torch or a good inspection lamp, its dark down there!

Take care. let us all know how you got on, and any tips you found whilst doing the job.

Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users