#1 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

I need to remove the hubs from my VTEC Zcar so I can put on longer studs. I cant seem to get them out. Are they pressed in or should they just come like the fronts.

#2 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

I need to remove the hubs from my VTEC Zcar so I can put on longer studs. I cant seem to get them out. Are they pressed in or should they just come like the fronts.

They should be a tight fit into the hub, but still should come out fairly easily. But I have also seen a set that were tacked welded as well on the back just make sure nothing like that has happened before trying to force them out

Cheers
David

#3 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

The car is brand new and never been driven so there shouldnt be anything the matter. I dont see any welds on the back I have the whole arm off so it can see. So it should come out just like the front then bearings stay in the hub center section comes out?

#4 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

The car is brand new and never been driven so there shouldnt be anything the matter. I dont see any welds on the back I have the whole arm off so it can see. So it should come out just like the front then bearings stay in the hub center section comes out?

I got the wrong end of the stick here, sorry. I thought you were having trouble getting the studs out.

As for hubs coming out, I had one hub that came out easily and the the other had part of the wheel bearing stuck to it and I almost had to destroy the hub getting it out then use a grinder to remove the inner bearing wheelrace then new bearings

Cheers
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users