#1 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

Hello,

I need some halogen lights to go with some spots I have just got which are halogen. My headlights will look very dim otherwise!

I have had a look around and nothing has stood out yet. I like the bowl shape of the standard lights but this does'nt seem to come across in the Angel Eyes which is a shame. A couple of friends have p700's I think they are called but they wouldnt suit my car as they look to 'classic'

To sum up, I want a pair of halogen headlamps, which still have the bowled shape like the standard lamps, any ideas? many thanks

TML

#2 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

you can get halogen std lights and even xenons now! or if they are dull yuo could always use some brighter bulbs but these will b illegal for road use after a cirtain year

#3 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

xenons!? Cool.. where where, how much??

#4 Boab

Boab

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Local Club: E*S*M*O*C

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

Minispares have just released some new Halogen ones for £23.50 a set.

Link

#5 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

#6 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

get some wipac halogen lights, these are what are fitted to the mpi minis, then get some xenon bulbs, I got mine off ebay from hongkong, they are rated at 55/60w but are the equilivant od 110/130w, hehe means night time driving is much better.

#7 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:33 PM

I think WIPAC are the only one with the curved glass like the original sealed beams, the cheaper ones have flat fronted glass and do look a bit strange...

also, to prevent rusting of the silvering spray the back of them with heat resistant paint before you fit them...

I just had to replace a set of my WIPACs and at 40 quid a throw thery're not cheap.

Oooh.. ps if you fancy splashing out a few hundred, you can also get H4 HID conversions... talk about bright !!!

eg.. clicky link

Edited by GuessWorks, 11 May 2005 - 04:37 PM.

#8 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:33 AM

the HID conversion arent worth it yet, they are still way over the odds, if you fit the xenon bulbs like i have they are the same, they have the same look, the same different colours (ie bright white - to - blue depending on what colour rating you get) they have the same gas in them as the HID lights, the only differenace is that that have a filimant where as HID have 2 contacts and they arc through the gas to create the light.

Karl (whos done his home work :huh: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users