#1 dannyb123

dannyb123

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local Club: keep on mini'n

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

Last few months ive had a disagreement with my girlfriend about the colour of his mini, i think its apple green she thinks its yellow. In Mr beans holiday at the beginning it definately yellow but in the original series it was already green, from my memory. Does he respray it every time or sumut lol what does everyone else think???? ive added two pics of wi found of him drivin two different coloured cars. :D

Attached Files

#2 Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

I say green :D

#3 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

he had a red mk3 too

#4 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

the one at gaydons green :D or it was a while ago....im sure it was there really

#5 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

I always thought it was apple green, but in some photos it defiantly looks yellow.

#6 sway

sway

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet!

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Looks a bit like Citron to me. I'm probably wrong though!

#7 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia....._Bean.27s_Mini

If the car's a 1977 I think that makes it Applejack but it might be Citron.

#8 mike49

mike49

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

the most famous one is green. i believe the red one was mk2 not mk3

#9 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

ah that's right as it has the central speedo

#10 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

one of them was crushed by a tank, so he had to get a new one

#11 marvin151173

marvin151173

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:15 AM

you could have a look in the ever growing colour guide started by Roo

http://www.theminifo...showtopic=46627

#12 tomkidd

tomkidd

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

It was definately Citron, I had one that colour. Alot of people thought it was Applejack, but its defo Citron.

#13 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

right, Mr Bean has actually had 3 minis! An orange/red one, A yellow one and most recently/ famously an Applejack Green one!

Mr. Bean's Mini

Mr. Bean's car, a late 1970s MK IV British Leyland Mini 1000, developed a character of sorts. At first, an orange 1969 Morris Mini MK II (registration RNT 996H, although the body of the car was actually from an MK1 car of 1963/64) was Mr. Bean's vehicle of choice, but this was destroyed in a crash at the end of the first episode. From then on, the car was a 1977 model (registration SLW 287R), luminous lime green in colour with a black bonnet. It made its first appearance in "The Curse of Mr. Bean".

The Mini was central to several antics, such as Mr. Bean getting dressed in it while driving or steering it while sitting in an armchair strapped to the roof. It also had a number of innovative security measures; Mr. Bean fitted the door with a bolt-latch and padlock, rather than use the lock fitted on the car, and he always removed the steering wheel instead of the key, which formed a running joke in several episodes, at one point deterring a car thief. In Mr. Bean Rides Again, he also hid the ignition key under the car bonnet, the key for the bonnet was kept in the boot, the key for the boot was attached to the sun visor above the driver's seat. The key to the car door was the only key Bean kept with him. The car, confused with another demonstration car of the exact same model (registration ACW 497V), was crushed by a tank in "Back to School, Mr. Bean", but returned in later episodes, perhaps having actually been the identical demonstration car from that point on.

The Mini is often seen in conflict with a light blue Reliant Regal Supervan III, (registration GRA 26K), which will usually get tipped over, crashed into, bumped out of its parking space and so forth. This conflict originated in the first episode, when the three-wheeler held his Mini up on the way to a mathematics exam, and subsequently became a running joke throughout the series.

One of the original Mr. Bean Minis is on display at the Cars of the Stars Motor Museum in Keswick, northern England.[12] Both the Mini and the Reliant re-appeared as characters in the animated Mr. Bean cartoons, and in the film Mr. Bean's Holiday yet another Mini appears – a lighter yellow/green than the original, registration YGL 572T. Also seen is a French version of his Mini, owned by the character Sabine which wears a Paris registration and is left hand drive. In the animated series his Mini's registration plate number is STE 952R.

#14 Scott.Tamson

Scott.Tamson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Local Club: None..on here alottt though :)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

there was a Mr Bean Mini in MiniWorld/MiniMag recently......except it had a polo gti engine in it... it might say what colour it is... i might upload pics if i can find it :thumbsup:

Images are too big to upload, so download them from here. . .

http://www.speedysha.../604497344.html

&

http://www.speedysha.../243224803.html

Edited by Scott.Tamson, 07 April 2008 - 10:50 PM.

#15 flamenco

flamenco

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Local Club: Malta Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

I actually read on another forum that the colour of both minis used in mr bean's latest film (bean's holiday) was actually nissan amarillo yellow..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users