5 replies to this topic

#1 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

Ok, m getting a dashboard and im fitting my indash DVD console into the gove box Behind the face of the dash so when the little glove box is opened, you can access the DVD console.

now Im thinking about making / Getting a Drop down (Normal car style) glove box too, to go underneath the whole dash, which will drop down and contain my PS2 and Controllers.

Any ideas on how I could do this?

<|ben|>

#2 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

hello ben....

some one has fitted a ps2 into a mini on here before theres loads of pictures on it i cant find it to give you a link though.. :sad: its a kool idea but minis are so easy to break into its unture, but its up to you

#3 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

Yea if your guna put even more ice in your car which i must say is comin along nicely, go for a decent alarm system will help on the insurance as well, an we all know what a b*****d that can be.

Seperate globe box sounds cool, try having a look at some in other cars down the scrappers and possibly rippin one out of there and adjusting that to fit? just an idea otherwise, you can try to build an mdf enclosure? this'd probably look better because you could cover it in the same colour carpet as the rest of the car so you could try an make it look like a factory add on an blend in much better?

#4 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:46 PM

Ive got an alarm, but it only sets off if a door or the boot is opened. Dosent go by shock sensor, so You could quite hapily smash a window and get in.

Im going to scrap the idea of a PS2 / DVD player for now, Cant really be bothered and dont actually need it to be honnest.

Might do it eventually if I get time and a bit of cash for a good alarm.

<|Ben|>

#5 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

spend the money make it secure, i know im putting the best clifford on mine! suppose its how much you value your car though and remember minis do stand out

#6 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:58 PM

Get and alarm first. A Ps2 is what some theiving chav scum might nick from it that otherwise might leave it alone. Cool idea though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users