#1 G.T.M.

G.T.M.

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking at starting my own small business, and I'm trying to get an idea of how much work I can expect. I am based in Leicester, a 20 minute drive from Junction 21a of the M1.

Would any of you be interested in the following:

Small repairs
Spraying
Correction of paint defaults
Detailing

I will be offering a reduced labor rate for all work being done on Minis.

As well as this, I will be glad to order and take delivery of parts for you (at the retailers cost) then do the work you require, this way the whole process can be sped up ensuring you get your item with less stress and in quicker time.

Edited by G.T.M., 14 April 2008 - 10:24 AM.

#2 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

I'd be interested in Spraying as I'm hoping to front flip soon and other body repairs, I'd need the whole car redoing.

Are you a professional company? or just a lad with a paintbrush?

& Got any estimate prices?

#3 G.T.M.

G.T.M.

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

I'd be glad to order you your flip front and spray that for you (I would be ordering this item from TDK Racing as I can highly recommend his products)

I have a combined 5 years experience in the automotive body trade and have a NVQ Level 3 in spraying. for the last 4 years I have worked to original car manufacturers standards and have been main dealer trained. As well as this I have worked for a Corrosion and paint consultancy company based in Newcastle.

Price depends on how far you wish to go with it, I can advize on what paint and materials are available and what would best suit your needs.

I can ruffly estimate for spraying a full one piece fiberglass flip front, with a clear coat method will cost around £80-100. This does not include materials this is a labor rate only.

One thing to bare in mind, I would like to give my customers as much information and choice on the products I will be using. Most body shops fail the mention the fact to the customer if its a non metallic finish on their car, they will use a solid color this may be cheaper but lasts no where near as long as a separate base/clear coat method.

Using this solid color method as well can heed the final finish of the job, as the product is much harder to polish, remove orange peel, de-nib and de-swirl.

Edited by G.T.M., 14 April 2008 - 10:56 AM.

#4 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Oh okay, you sound pretty clued up then :D.

And you aren't far from me, which is a problem I'm having now.

Could you give me an estimate for the price of respraying the whole car, labour included, It doesn't need to be exact, just a guess.

#5 G.T.M.

G.T.M.

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

When you say the whole car...

Does that include inside, engine bay, boot and underside?

#6 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Now you've said that I really don't know.. my head has just exploded with all the things that need doing on the bodywork first.

But for now, just the exterior, not including the underside, so all the visible panels, excluding and including the roof?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users