3 replies to this topic

#1 andy23

andy23

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

hi im doing a r1 conversion and we are just sorting the brakes out. Im putting 4 pot metro calipers on.
will i need a servo and if so which one thanks

#2 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

I wouldnt bother with the servo, Fit a std Mini brake master cylinder or use a clutch master cylinder and fit a bias valve in the rear line to balance it up as per the race cars, You wont need the 7/8" master cylinder as the race cars use 4 pot calipers all round, I take it you are using the rear calipers with the handbrake mechanism on?

Cheers

#3 Steve W

Steve W

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Local Club: mkrufc

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

thats what i'm gonna do. But. . . does it matter which line goes to the front from the master cylinder?

Basically i've binned the bias cylinder, but does the top, or the bottom outlet on the master cylinder go to the front??!

#4 andy23

andy23

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

I wouldnt bother with the servo, Fit a std Mini brake master cylinder or use a clutch master cylinder and fit a bias valve in the rear line to balance it up as per the race cars, You wont need the 7/8" master cylinder as the race cars use 4 pot calipers all round, I take it you are using the rear calipers with the handbrake mechanism on?

Cheers

thanks for that and yes im using the calipers the come with the z-cars kit what about braided brake pipes are they any better than using copper?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users