3 replies to this topic

#1 minimoz

minimoz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

i have a 2000 cooper sport,and the dash is loose and just wondered how u tighten it up so everyfin doesnt move!!also where does the cable for the hot cold for heater go?as its jammed!!and wont push in,just stays out!!!!thanks

Edited by minimoz, 25 April 2008 - 06:03 PM.

#2 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC / Kentish

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:40 PM

i have a 2000 cooper sport,and the dash is loose and just wondered how u tighten it up so everyfin doesnt move!!also where does the cable for the hot cold for heater go?as its jammed!!and wont push in,just stays out!!!!thanks

you've got 3 brackets that hold it in place:

1 by the right hand side air vent - you'll need to take this out
1 just where the radio is - you'll have to take the radio out to get to it
1 by the passenger side air vent, again, best you take that out too...

those brackets are screwed into the back of the dash, and at the other end by a 10mm nut i believe...

tighten all these up and away you go :xxx:

Not sure about the heater cable i'm afraid, but i'm getting the same problem so will watch this topic closely :)

#3 SMP

SMP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

Believe that the heater cable on the MPI runs to a valve mounted inside the car on the left hand side of the heater - above where the passengers feet go. I suspect the valve has seized. It's made of plastic and brass so if you remove it you should be able to free it off.

The valve on My SPI is virtually the same but mounted in the engine bay. Mine was seized but after removal and applying a bit of extra force it freed up. Gave it a good flush through with clean water - although I don't think new ones cost too much.

Cheers

#4 Avl_Paul

Avl_Paul

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

I have some related issues so will try to hijack part of your thread. In my SPI, I can move the heater control back and forth but it doesn't appear to do a thing. The heater seems to radiate heat regardless of whetehr the knob is in or out. Do they all do this?

Also, can someone walk us through how to remove the radio on wood dash (no clock)? My radio is loose and I would like to tighten it up as it creates an annoying vibration. Thx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users