1 reply to this topic

#1 brendanaussie

brendanaussie

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

i have a 2000 mini cooper and it has a terrible flat spot between 1500rpm & 2200rpm it is fine the rest of the rev range. i have changed all plugs and leads, have replaced the lambda sensor have checked all the vacuum leads and have set the valve clearances but it is still there. emissions are correct as it just had its mot and they said it was ok. to me it sounds as if it needs a good tuneup. Anyone have any suggestions ????????

#2 Birdie!

Birdie!

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

i have a 2000 mini cooper and it has a terrible flat spot between 1500rpm & 2200rpm it is fine the rest of the rev range. i have changed all plugs and leads, have replaced the lambda sensor have checked all the vacuum leads and have set the valve clearances but it is still there. emissions are correct as it just had its mot and they said it was ok. to me it sounds as if it needs a good tuneup. Anyone have any suggestions ????????

use a colour tune and a strobe light to give it a check on the revs. also look at the vacuum advance to make shore it is in one peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users