DOOEY_1987

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

I'm new here, so i'l start by introducing myself,

name's Tim, i bought the mini in question about 8 1/2 years ago but sadly it's never left the drive as i promptly left home for uni :kiss: after buying it.

HOWEVER, i'm back and was so happy to get stuch in, but as usual there's always something trying to stop me.

I cut out a section to the rear of the drivers side to repair and found this behind...

Posted Image

to me it looks terminal, but i'm not at all sure what my options are as regards repair sections or cutting in sections from another car. so i thought i'd come here for advice. i knew i'd have to be replacing the inner wheel arch to both sides on the rear, but this seems a bit more, ... MEH!

Thanks in advance

TIM

#2 minipete

minipete

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Local Club: East Yorkshire MOC.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Looks like mine did at the driverside,but my quarter panel isn`t as bad.You can buy the end of the heel board from m-machine with the subframe mount included,then its a case of repair the innersill in the bottom of the companion bin.
You could probably do to drop the subby to see how good or bad the rest of the bodywork is.

#3 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I would seriously look at the rest of the car, I doubt that this the only area with serious corrosion, it can be repaired and be good for many years but would cost a fortune to properly do it, if your handy with the welder though and you can do it yourself you could repair it not to much money

Cheers
David

#4 DOOEY_1987

DOOEY_1987

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

thanks for responces so fast,

dropped the front sub and engine out today, and gonna see if i can get the rear off tomorrow and get it on a mattress on it's side and have a propper look.

we'l see,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users