#1 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

Already started planning the new cluby and I havent even got it yet!
My aim is to try and squeeze 100bhp out of its 1100 engine :D I recon it can be done with the rite bits, and I fancy a challange :D

Any surgestions on how to get my power? I got a plan, but if anyone else has any good ideas then lets hear them. O yeah, and its got to be N/A too, not forced induction for me thankyou very much :erm:

#2 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

your a nutter.......

mind you, you may do it :S a teacher of mine at school is constantly boasting about how he got 67bhp at the wheels from an 1100 back in the 70's....
what you planning rich?
ive got a 320piper cam at home .... you might need one to get that power from an 1100 :D big webber, alloy flywheel, 1.7:1 rockers :D

good luck to you!

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:03 PM

will you be using NOS to up the power ?

#4 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:05 PM

at the wheels or at the fly?

i think its a good challenge rich, entirely possible

depends for what your funds can allow i guess eh :fear:

#5 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:50 PM

Personally Id have the crank wedged, bladed, cross drilled and balanced given that its a fairly long stroke engine. Then Id fit lightened and balanced, shotpeened S rods fitted with bigger pistons/bore to square it up slightly. Then Id have the block pocketed to accept a 1300 modified head. Id personally run a 286 with either an Alden red or yellow distributer for the revs.

Carb wize id fit either a HIFF44 SU or twin 1.5Inch SUs.

Also if youve got the budget id fit a sccr box as this gives more power to the wheels. Dont forget the clutch as well. Id go for a bonded rally type with Ultralite flywheel.

If it dont make 100bhp just wack a 25shot of nitrous on board.

#6 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

Not having any NOS, thats cheating!

I shal raise the C/R to around 11:1, put one of my heads on, not sure about re-boring it, might see how I get on without. S/C drops and if I can stretch to it maybe a box. 286 cam, 1.3 rockers I think 1.5's will be too much with the cam too. Doubt I'll put a weber on, just stick to a good old SU. With everything balanced up and a few other bits and bobs doing then I think I can at least get some were close.

If Sollis can get nearly 90bhp from an 850, then I can at least match it with a bigger engine :D

#7 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

well the 1100's are a stonker of an engien to start with. heres some ideas for when you get another mini after that t*t fleaced ya

new cam
twin carbs
stage one or 2
maybe some posh rockers to

shouldnt be far off...

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

A stage 1 or 2 head won't get 100bhp out of a 1100!!! And just saying a new cam and some posh rockers isn't going to exactly help anyone trying to find out how to get that much power out of that engine!

#9 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

dont you mean 3 or 4 miniman5?

stages mean different things to different people you know, im sure the head that bluemini will make will not be classified as either

its better to class a head as road/rally or race, its a little more vague but gives a better idea of what kind of effort has gone into making it, ie: where the materials been best removed etc

#10 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

sorry :sad: ile be more specific next time

#11 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

get some flat-top powermax +60's in there. virtually the only mod made to my autograss engines and i had one that got 54bhp at the wheels with standard exhaust system and airbox. i think you wont have too many problems doing it, cant say that i think it'd be too reliable though...

#12 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

:D

way to go rich, after seeing what you did with blue, cant wait to read how this one is going, look forward to seeing it in the not to distant future

#13 bankxi

bankxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

yes good look with it i loved blue and i only saw pics of it really nice car lookin forword to seeng the next beast

#14 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

What sort of Head you thinking of putting on it then? Id definatly have the block pocketed cause if your on a budget it means you can start with a decent flowing head to begin with ie 1300. Its then possible to open up the ports more than the small bore heads which is a lot when you fit bigger carbs.

Are you gunna do anything to the bottom end, cause if you do it will help massivly if you can raise the revs. Remember that the mini severns(998) have extremely high rev limits and knock out roughly the same power as what your looking for.

#15 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

Why not start with a 1275?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users