67 replies to this topic

#31 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

Talking about a Clubby, theres one on Minifinity for £500, all the way up in Lancashire though!

#32 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

I was thinking of buying some throttle bodies off of WOODY but when You think of it they only flow slightly better so the money you spend on them, could go to an EN40B crank or the like.

Yhey would be nice though.

#33 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

I've got a rolling shell clubby up for grabs! needs welding to the floor! And it's blue too!! :lol:

#34 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

EN40B yum yum... a pretty penny these days though much nicer than the EN16T.. i had to do a presentation on these at uni at the beginning of the year

#35 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

Yeah...its just those few little numbers that can mean the difference between a good engine and a super engine or 6000rpm & 9000rpm.

You some sort of chemistry boff then?

#36 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

Heres a pic of him, make up your own mind... :tongue:

Posted Image

#37 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

lol :lol: :lol: Im sure Ive seen his face somewhere before.....do I know you from somewhere Flappyplasticbits lol :ohno:

#38 clubman_dan

clubman_dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

when my 1100 turbo is done i'll have to give you a race, 1100 N/A vs. 1100 turbo :lol: :lol:
you're thinking along thew same lines as me i think, finding out how much a 1098 can put out.. except i'm cheating :ohno:
my clubman used to have a 1098 until it self destructed big time. what a cracking engine. i cant wait to get this one up and running!
DAN :lol:

#39 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

Na not at all. When I had a tuned up 1000, it was well funny taking the p155 out of people that thought there body kitted "street racers"

yeah but the point is, if you had done the same mods to a 1275 it would go faster, and therefore, surely it would be more worthwhile putting effort and money into a 1275, not the proposed 1100.

#40 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Yeah but Blue wants something a bit different! Not many people tune little bore engines these days and they are fast dying out! everyone wants a bigger better engine!
I think a highly tuned 998 or 1098 is a great way to go! There's a guy in my club that builds 998cc engines that blow away our 1293 Stage 3 engines in the club! One of his mates last engine was a 998 that when he was doing 60 on the motorway he dropped it into 2nd and blasted off into the distance!

Never underestimate the power of the little engine!!!

#41 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

i read an article on a 1.1 that had been completly redesigned...its 2 tone metalic red and blue, il try dig it out! it produced 100bhp per litre but was on quad throttle boddies, has a one off rod length to it and a funny crank stroke! and an arden 8 port head :tongue: just makes you droool

Imagine an 8 port 1275 with throttle bodies. you'd be on for 150bhp for god sake not a 100! and you'd spend the same money!!!!!!

AM I GETTING MY POINT ACROSS YET?

Why restrict yourself right from the start, especially when spending money with the intention of getting more horses? Surely you should be aiming at maximum power for minimum money not 100bhp for £5000 for the sake of saying you've used an 1100 block! This is totally ludicrous, I am baffled. :lol:

#42 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:22 PM

I don't intend on spending lots of money doing it. I can see your point, but it would be a good challange getting that kind of power from a small bore engine as cheaply as possible.

#43 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

I don't intend on spending lots of money doing it. I can see your point, but it would be a good challange getting that kind of power from a small bore engine as cheaply as possible.

I see, that's fair enough.
Other people were getting a little carried away with suggestions of 8 ports and 16valvers.

#44 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:34 PM

I fully understand where Rich is coming from, he's doing the same thing I'll be trying when I rebuild my 850!! I'm using an 850 as I think it will be a challenge, and it will be my first engine build, plus I happen to have a spare 850!

Besides, don't 8 port heads cost nearly the same amount as a Vauxhual conversion?

#45 YoungUn

YoungUn

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: F.A.B.M.O.C

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:55 PM

screw it... get another mortgage!!! and buy a 1430cc a series race engine with 16 valve head, rebore the block bigger, lighten the bottom end, lightweight flywheel and clutch, 5 speed sequential gearbox. then extend the length of the nose, to house an intercooler a turbocharger and a supercharger, with a cold air ram induction kit... stick it in a spaceframe minus and then see how fast that goes..... or it could just detonate.. and not get anywhere at all :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users