#1 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

Hope i'm not speaking out of turn but hey, here goes :lol:

Picked up MiniMag and MiniWorld as I've now done for the past 2 months and woohooo free Mini Spares catalogue inside. I get home, open said magazine, shake vigorously - hmmm a price list, a credit card application... but wheres the catalogue? Ahhh its actually inside - literally... no matter...

This soon becomes annoying when I go to Lewes on Saturday and leaving Mini World on the dash it rains - and my Mini leaks - so part of MiniWorld is now stuck together along with 2005 Mini Spares catalogue which I have to keep inside MiniWorld until this time next year when we get a new one... more distress... *considers buying 2 copies of magazine!*

Ok so I browse further into MiniSpares oooh looks at this, oooh look at that - ahhh no prices... so i have the price list on the passenger seat of the Mini and the mag in front of me, looking each price up i'm interested in.... this goes on for a bit until I read "Note: All prices are shown in £ sterling ex VAT"....... *goes and gets calculator to accompany both magazines and towel whilst dryingg*

:lol: :ohno:

Sorry for the moan but why can't things be simple... Not sure if anyone else is feeling this but i've got now carry around a 240page magazine and price list just to window shop...

Si.

#2 Mini Steve

Mini Steve

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

i no what your saying!!!its just so they can reprint the price list wen it changes but keep the stock relitavley the same!!i guess!!

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:19 AM

I have a current minispares price list ( nicked of the counter on Thursday last week :fear: ) I'll scan it in an post...

Also you'll be pleased to know that the minispares catalog has not changed much in the last 5 ( probably 10 years ), and there is one on the TMF CD ( which by the way is nearly done ! )

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

Also, while having a rant about MiniWorld....

Do you mind if I add one...

I'm a subscriber to MiniWorld and pay annually by direct debit, I recently got my renew notice which yet again has gone up, reason being and I quote....

"As you are no doubt aware, the magazine has improved the quality of its features and information over the last 12 months. This has lead to an increase in production costs which inturn has led to an unavoidable increase in the subscription price." blah blah blah....

So now they are asking for 37.80 per year....

Needless to say, I checked their website for how much it cists NEW subscribers.... 30.60 :ohno:

and then Mr Angry email took over..... :lol:

I subscribe to MiniWorld, and have done for a number of years now… I have just received my renewal notice for this year, and have become concerned that once again the subscription has gone up… ( £37.80 )

I am too also aware that for new subscribers for 1 year is considerably less ( £30.60 ) . I feel that this is unfair in this day and age, especially with the “New customers only” tag getting ridiculed in both advertising and the media.

I am therefore requesting the cancellation of my subscription, unless I am made that same offer.

No reply as yet !

#5 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

Well said indeed JG. I think you also get a free model at the moment too..... *sorry!!*

Posted Image
"Brand new customers only"

Read your topic with eager anticipation about the CD. Will drop a post in there as I definately would like one please. Very reasonable too - nice one.

Indeed just noiced this months issue "228-page collectors' special" - well why not make it even more special and make it slightly more laptop/bag friendly and give us the catalogues and stuff seperately eh Mini World... SORT IT OUT! :nugget:

#6 simong6

simong6

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

moss' catalogue is the same really does my head in

#7 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:02 AM

moss' catalogue is the same really does my head in

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

How about Mini Sport? They're adverts seem very clear and open - and they have prices - with VAT!

Woooo! :lol:

#8 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

yeh, but they also seem to have this 10% uplift in prices over everyone else ??

#9 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

Maybe thats the price we pay for a decent catalogue! :lol:

On a more serious note - do you have preference on who to buy from for bits?

#10 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

"As you are no doubt aware, the magazine has improved the quality of its features and information over the last 12 months.

My rant about miniworld. There is no way the feature cars are getting better, they are mainly tacky stick on bodykits, they should do some better stuff imo, reach out to the enthusiasts not to the kids, and all that

#11 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

Couldn't agree more Nick. As much as I appreciate the amount of work done on the Civic Engined Clubman I'd much prefer to see Tony Arnolds Works Cooper S on the front cover instead.

#12 simong6

simong6

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Have you not noticed the price for the 1430cc engine in the mini sport catalogue its only £19.95!!! but for a built engine it is over £2000!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

Reply from "IPC Media"

Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning the cost of renewing your subscription.

The price quoted is correct. The discounted rates previously available to your subscription no longer apply. We offer reduced introductory rates to encourage new readers to subscribe to MiniWorld for the first time. There is then a steady progression through to the full subscription price.

We offer special incentives to new readers to encourage them to try MiniWorld for a year at a reduced rate.  MiniWorld  may not be as familiar as we would like it to be and the introductory period does allow time for potential readers to judge the value of MiniWorld for themselves. We hope that at the end of the period subscribers will consider the normal rate to be of good value. Our normal rate does represent a saving compared to with the newsstand price and does include the convenience of delivery to the door. The subscription rate also protects against any increase that may take place within the subscription period.

I am sorry if my email disappoints you. if there is any point you would like to raise, please do  not hesitate to contact me.

We can confirm that we have cancelled your subscription on its expiry and no further payments will be taken.
Please ensure you also cancel these instructions with your bank.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

So that's one less regular reader....

#14 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

As much as I appreciate the amount of work done on the Civic Engined Clubman

with drinks bottle in fuel cap?! :lol:

#15 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

LOL Dom, well yes that raised an eyebrow!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users