No replies to this topic

#1 CharlieTheRitz

CharlieTheRitz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

hi all, i was given a mini by a good friend, it is a 1985 austin mini ritz 1000cc(limited edition). The floor is solid and there is no rust at all hardly, there is only a little bit around the headlamps(common), since having the car i have replaced the rear subframe, (because i had a new one and it was better than the one already on it and i am a sucker for tinkering) He's nicknamed Charlie,he is my first car, he's only 25 thousand miles, the interior is very clean and tidy, with no rips or tears. the wheels have seen better days though, i am planning on buying some nice 12" deepdish superlites or some nice shiny 12" minilites. With some nice wheels it'll improve the overall look dramatically, i am unsure whether to get some new wider arches in black or silver or to just leave them as they are. the only problem is that people keep saying to me that if i do all this it won't be "original" but i don't really care i just want a nice looking mini.

the engine is currently in pieces, i have repainted the engine block its original yellow, replaced all the gaskets, new starter motor, clutch and exhaust. i am currently in the process of rebuilding the engine and should be done soon.

feel free to have a look the photos are displayed on this website,
http://www.cardomain...mberpage/833657

its a link to car domain because i can't be bothered to put them on here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users