3 replies to this topic

#1 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

Getting my car resprayed soon and got a few bits of filler works and rust repairs to do first. Once i've done this/treated rust whats the best thing to spray over the areas to cover them whislt taking the car for spraying.

I was thinking primer would be fine but if it rains on the way to the bodyshop i'm screwed!

I've seen the effects of microblistering on my car before and don't want them to repeat.

I know the guy will be rubbing all the old paint back but he said there is still a risk of the micro blistering coming back.

#2 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

Just give the repaired areas a quick aerosol prime.

Dont worry about it too much unless your keeping it outside or theres a storm brewing before you leave for the bodyshop.

#3 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

etch prime, then 1 coat of aerosol paint, not primer as it's porous and so will soak up any moisture in the air. This makes more of a difference than people think, I have primed an area of metal, then removed the primer for after a week or so, and the metal has slight surface rust starting.

#4 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

yeah thats what i was thinkinh. So etch prime and a decent layer of paint to cover it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users