#1 v21ash

v21ash

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Local Club: HumbersideMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

I've bought a Clarke CSW13T (2+2mm) spot welder and spent quite a few hours last week setting it up and practising and everything was looking good until i tried to weld a panel on the car! every weld is blowing out!
I have done loads of test pieces with the same thickness steel as the panels (1+1mm) and sprayed the same amount of U-Pol Weld #2 weld thru primer on the joint and every weld is brilliant, i've tried loads of thickness setting, timer setting and handle tension settings and got a good weld every time. When i come to weld a panel it just doesn't want to know, every weld blows out on one side, i've tried turning the thickness and the timer setting down and it still does it, if i turn it down a bit more the weld doesn't take!
Has anyone had a similar problem before or can anyone please tell me what i might be doing wrong?

#2 tomkidd

tomkidd

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hmmm. I'd maybe ask on here mate

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk

Is the metal clean on all sides?

#3 liam_italian

liam_italian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

I had this problem. I found it happens alot when the area you are welding is pitted with rust etc. Make sure the surfaces where the electrodes touch area very clean and free of grease etc!

As with all things, preparation is key to success!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users