#16 Southy

Southy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: Oldham and Distrcit Mini Club

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Ah right if you can check and let me know that will be most helpful dan will know exactly what im going for then :lol:

#17 arnie_14

arnie_14

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

i had my scooter sprayed proffesionally were i work and only needed one coat aslong as if you have a white undercoat witch isnt patchy must all be the same colour u shoudny have any problems spraying it mate

hers a pic of my scooter Attached File  Image096.jpg   349.01K   26 downloads

#18 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

i had my scooter sprayed proffesionally were i work and only needed one coat aslong as if you have a white undercoat witch isnt patchy must all be the same colour u shoudny have any problems spraying it mate

hers a pic of my scooter Attached File  Image096.jpg   349.01K   26 downloads

That completely depends on what sheme it was mixed off. All the manufacturers I have tried use a different base colour, nearly all were light orange, one was white, which was Octoral waterbase, which is *******. There is no problem painting it, the only problem is matching it if you have an accident and need to carry out repairs.

#19 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

PBP you say you get different colours off different manufacturers well i have only ever used the one paint shop since i find his help very useful and really good prices and whenever i buy any paint he always writes down the mix ratio's down incase i ever need anymore, so im thinking i shouldnt have any real major issues matching the paint *SHOULD* any problems occur, or is there something more to it than that?

Adam

Edit: Really should re-read stuff 3 times when hungover...

Edited by Southy, 01 June 2008 - 10:25 AM.

#20 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

PBP you say you get different colours off different manufacturers well i have only ever used the one paint shop since i find his help very useful and really good prices and whenever i buy any paint he always writes down the mix ratio's down incase i ever need anymore, so im thinking i shouldnt have any real major issues matching the paint *SHOULD* any problems occur, or is there something more to it than that?

Adam

Edit: Really should re-read stuff 3 times when hungover...

If you can guarantee being able to get the same shade off the same scheme mixed up in the future, there's no reason why that wouldn't work fine.

#21 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

Well i bought some BMW cosmos black off this guy end of summer last year and then i needed some more about xmas time and i just went back with the ratio mix and he did me a new mix and it came out exactly the same and matches up perfectly with the other paintwork

#22 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Black is very easy to colour match >_<

#23 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

Ah well shall see how it goes, im willing to take the risk anyway i would like my car this colour, if im not happy with it a year or so down the line then im willing to respray it another colour would much rather try it and say 'nah not for me' than to not try it and regret it in the future.

#24 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

Yep, fair enough! good luck with it >_<

#25 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:35 PM

Cheers im sure you and everyone will see it when i eventually get it too the mini shows this year haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users