10 replies to this topic

#1 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

hi guys just mocking up front end and wondered if the engine oil pump (hayabusa) would be up to the job of pumping oil from the engine in the rear of the car to the oil cooler at the front without any strain on the pump
cheers
eddie

#2 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

i take it no one has fitted their oil cooler at the front then?
eddie

#3 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

It has been done. I think the zcars racer has the cooler at the front. TTS do a high volume pump but I don't know if it would be required, or if the standard one is up for the job.

#4 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

It has been done. I think the zcars racer has the cooler at the front. TTS do a high volume pump but I don't know if it would be required, or if the standard one is up for the job.

thanks for that koss i should ask chris he will probably know
Eddie

#5 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

anyone know the standard oil temp for the bike engine (im running a GSXR 1000) and im gettin around 140 to 150c at most., is this high ? i cant find anything on temps anywhere!!!

spoonz

#6 Pete649

Pete649

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

anyone know the standard oil temp for the bike engine (im running a GSXR 1000) and im gettin around 140 to 150c at most., is this high ? i cant find anything on temps anywhere!!!

spoonz

To be honest, i don't really know much about bike engines but that does sound really high. Is that definitely degrees c?

#7 Busa-mini

Busa-mini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

I was panicing when mine got as high as 120 degrees c so I be carefull. Are you sure your sensors are set correctly.?

#8 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

I was panicing when mine got as high as 120 degrees c so I be carefull. Are you sure your sensors are set correctly.?

what has this got to do with the position of my oil cooler?

#9 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

What did you wind up doing? With your original question. Can the STD busa oil pump do an oil cooler mounted in front of the car.

#10 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

What did you wind up doing? With your original question. Can the STD busa oil pump do an oil cooler mounted in front of the car.

yeh i fitted it at the front of the car on top of the subframe bar between the grille and the rad and all is fine, make sure that the correct hose is used and its a better job to get the ends crimped on by pirtek, to ensure the pipes dont blow off

Regards,

Ed

#11 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

yeh i fitted it at the front of the car on top of the subframe bar between the grille and the rad and all is fine, make sure that the correct hose is used and its a better job to get the ends crimped on by pirtek, to ensure the pipes dont blow off

Regards,

Ed

Sweet Im going to try the same thing :-

Cheers,
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users