MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Posted Image

Loads more here

so has your car got one off these on it?
what is the difference in wieght
does anyone use one in competition
how long have these been on the market as ive never seen one?
do the z cars races use these minus the engine.

#17 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

Yup, I have one of these on my car.

R1Mini measured his to be about 11kgs lighter than a front subframe (thats both fully build up with suspension). I'm sure I weighed mine to be 1-2 kg lighter than that still, but can't find my recordings anywhere.

The first time I saw these subframes for an A-series engine was back in Jan 06 at Bingley.

And yes, the racers use a variant of these frames, with brackets for the fuel cell and rad/fan.

#18 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

Yup, I have one of these on my car.

R1Mini measured his to be about 11kgs lighter than a front subframe (thats both fully build up with suspension). I'm sure I weighed mine to be 1-2 kg lighter than that still, but can't find my recordings anywhere.

The first time I saw these subframes for an A-series engine was back in Jan 06 at Bingley.

And yes, the racers use a variant of these frames, with brackets for the fuel cell and rad/fan.

well it certainly look very good those lads at z cars are making some really nice stuff.

are these just a bolt on conversion. do it yourself kind of thing,
have u had any probs with em ie welds breaking.

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

Its pretty much a straight swap for the old subframe. The only thing you really have to think about is where to put the radiator. Mine hasn't seen a lot of miles really, but it looks and feels to be at least as strong as the standard subframe. The only problem I've had is with the top arm balljoint mount breaking up, but apparently this was only a problem with very early frames, and they now supply all frames with a stronger Steel mount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users